I purchased a 3 pack Mesh( Nest wifi pro) from Google. Everything is working except port forward. I do not have a router in between the mesh and the ISP. I only use the products from Google. When I used the router provided by the ISP the port forwarding worked flawlessly, but now nothing works.
1. Given my Synology a reserved IP through the google home app
2. I have port forwarded 2 ways:
a. 65111 -> 65111
b. 65111-65111 -> 65111-65111
3. I have tried many different ports, nothing seems to work when i try with nmap or online port checker services.
4. Checked and turned off all firewalls
5. Called the ISP to check if they have blocked any ports, they have not.
I don't know what to do now. Please help.
Port forwarding works for my Nest Wifi router to a Synology NAS hosting my Plex server. I've also disabled UPnP and IPv6, but pretty sure I got port forwarding working before I did that. I also have the NAS connected by ethernet to my primary/main/master Nest Wifi unit, though through a unmanaged Netgear GS108 switch.
You're sure that the ISP box is not a router? If it is, is it bridged?
I'd also try to factory reset Nest Wifi ( https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/6246619?hl=en ) and set it up from scratch, with 1) DHCP reservation and 2) port forwarding being the first things you configure before doing anything else (like adding additional Nest Wifi units).