cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get other commands to work except action.devices.commands.StartStop

Trellis
Community Member

Hi,

I'm learning Google Smart Home integration by playing a codelab called "Enhance and secure your smart home Actions" (https://developers.home.google.com/codelabs/smarthome-traits?hl=en#0). I've followed each step on the webpage. However, when I give command "Hey Google, set the washer load to large." or "Hey Google, what is the washer load?" from Google Home app, the command handled by EXECUTE intent is always "action.devices.commands.StartStop" rather than "action.devices.commands.SetModes". Did I miss something? Thanks very much for your help.

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert
  • If you are looking to learn how to build a Google Home project, we do have the following introductory codelab: Connect smart home devices to the Google Assistant. This codelab will walk you through the different aspects of getting the Washer up and running. See if you can get this starter app working for you first. Then you can follow Debugging the Smart Home codelab, which walks you through various tools and techniques available to troubleshoot your integration, and systematically check which components are working or not. If you still have issues once trying out these two codelabs, you can open up a bug in the Public Issue Tracker, and provide us your Test Suite result (as shown in the debugging codelab).

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert
  • If you are looking to learn how to build a Google Home project, we do have the following introductory codelab: Connect smart home devices to the Google Assistant. This codelab will walk you through the different aspects of getting the Washer up and running. See if you can get this starter app working for you first. Then you can follow Debugging the Smart Home codelab, which walks you through various tools and techniques available to troubleshoot your integration, and systematically check which components are working or not. If you still have issues once trying out these two codelabs, you can open up a bug in the Public Issue Tracker, and provide us your Test Suite result (as shown in the debugging codelab).