cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device naming issues [Updated]

Bossman1
Community Member

How come it registers the same device name but it doesn't say this device when displayed in device section nor can I find these devices and they all say the same device name what could be the problem also my password keeps getting changed and my phone or tablet eventually gets a screen lock and I'm locked out later on down the road what's wrong with my tablet

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello Bossman1,

You can try doing the following things as a solution to your issue :

1. Device Naming : Follow the guidelines here . This is a very helpful document to guide you with changing device names in Google Home App. This makes it easier to identify and control devices you set up in Google Home App. 
  2. Password Reset : Follow the guidelines here . You can change your password for security reasons or reset it if you forget it. Your Google Account password is used to access many Google products, like Gmail and YouTube.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello Bossman1,

You can try doing the following things as a solution to your issue :

1. Device Naming : Follow the guidelines here . This is a very helpful document to guide you with changing device names in Google Home App. This makes it easier to identify and control devices you set up in Google Home App. 
  2. Password Reset : Follow the guidelines here . You can change your password for security reasons or reset it if you forget it. Your Google Account password is used to access many Google products, like Gmail and YouTube.