cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google sample app for matter problem to adding a hub

Tugce35
Community Member

Hi! I want to add matter smart plug to your sample app which named "Google sample app for matter". But when adding the hub(google nest hub 2nd gen) it says hub is required. When trying to add a hub, it says this is not a matter device. Can you help me?

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert
  • To control a Matter-enabled device with the Google Home app or Google Assistant, you need a Google device that acts as a hub for Matter. 
  •  If your Google Home or a Nest Mini, Home Max, Nest Audio, or Google Nest Hub smart display is connected to Wi-Fi, it should automatically scan for updates and begin downloading them.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert
  • To control a Matter-enabled device with the Google Home app or Google Assistant, you need a Google device that acts as a hub for Matter. 
  •  If your Google Home or a Nest Mini, Home Max, Nest Audio, or Google Nest Hub smart display is connected to Wi-Fi, it should automatically scan for updates and begin downloading them.

You misunderstood me. I already have a google nest hub 2nd gen, matter socket and matter bulb. 

I created the application by following the steps in this link;

https://developers.home.google.com/codelabs/matter-sample-app#0

When I try to connect the socket to the application, it says that the hub is required. But when I try to connect the nest hub 2nd gen, I get a warning that this device is not matter. What I really want to learn is; how can I connect the google nest hub 2nd gen to this app and access the devices inside?

armen_dpe
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Nest hub cannot be paired with matter sample app. Please add the Nest hub via Google Home App first and then commission the matter device via matter sample app.  Make sure to use the same google account as in matter sample app.  Just to note that Nest hub is required in order to control a thread device.