cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Home App determine what is a Matter-certified device?

DoughGin
Community Member

I'm working with Realtek's SDK, and was previously able to commission a Realtek-provided build with the Google Home App (I don't know which version). With whatever the current version is as of 2/23/23, the same procedure results in "Not a Matter-certified device".

What changed in the app that is now giving this error message, or perhaps better yet, what is Google Home using to determine what a Matter-certified device is? Is it the Vendor ID (I would guess the Realtek build is using one of the test Vendor IDs)? Is there a list of Product IDs which have gone through an SVE that it's checking against? For what it's worth, this same software has no issue commissioning over Apple HomeKit.

Thank you.

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert
Hi Dough,

The attestation logic changed around launch to be more strict. This is why you may have been able to commission in the past and cannot now.
As jeff mentioned below, one way to resolve this isuse would be to ensure you have a developer center project with an integration matching the vendor id and product id of your end device. You can also check out the field trial feature

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JeffWelder
Community Member

I'm getting the same "Not a Matter-certified device" with a Nordic Thingy:53.
Previously could commission without issue.

I was now able to provision the weather station example by adding the VID 0xfff1 & PID 0x800d to my Google Home Developer Console.

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert
Hi Dough,

The attestation logic changed around launch to be more strict. This is why you may have been able to commission in the past and cannot now.
As jeff mentioned below, one way to resolve this isuse would be to ensure you have a developer center project with an integration matching the vendor id and product id of your end device. You can also check out the field trial feature