cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement a google smart home camera to support Google Home App

caesar
Community Member

I've follow Google smart home guide of cloud-to-cloud and implemented a firebased cloud service. After I added this device to Google Home App, it showed it needs a Google Display(like a Nest hub or a chrome cast  bar) to liveview. Then I got myself a Google Nest Hub. It can showed liveview on Google Nest Hub. I thought it is all. But the problem is while I got a Nest Cam I found this Nest Cam not only can show liveview on my Google Nest Hub but also can  have a fancy UI on Google Home App which include Nest Cam liveview/video histry and configurations. Why  my following the Smart Home Camera Guilde (https://developers.home.google.com/cloud-to-cloud/guides/camera) can only have a poor warnning message on Google Home App!?  Are there any other developer's materials I haven't found?

Any hint I would appreciate. Thanks

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

We do have steps to help with setting up google smart home camera to work with Google Home App. To set up, the app takes you through the steps. You need the app to connect your camera to Wi-Fi and get recorded video, so you should always use the app to guide you through setup and installation. More information in this regard can be found here .

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

We do have steps to help with setting up google smart home camera to work with Google Home App. To set up, the app takes you through the steps. You need the app to connect your camera to Wi-Fi and get recorded video, so you should always use the app to guide you through setup and installation. More information in this regard can be found here .