Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matter Device Traits Code & UI (Matter)

amglory
Community Member

Hello all,

1st question:
I ran the example of matter integration for thermostat. There are 4 modes as default : Heat, Cool, Heat/Cool, Off.
For examples, heat, cool, off, on, auto

How to change the UI to show other modes ? I tried with zap files and code. But it did not work. I am new to Matter Integration and trying to understand everything. Is this possible ? Can anyone point me to the right direction ?

2nd question:
For lighting app, on and off device, is this possible to add custom modes like in Google Home Playground ? 

I want to add for example, night mode, reading mode, etc for lighting app? Is this possible?

Any documentation or clarification would be helpful.

Thank you.
amglory

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

For thermostats we only support certain modes in the UI for Google Devices and Google Home App. For eg. there is no way to show ON mode for a thermostat which will default to one of the mode, Heat, Cool, Heat/Cool . Currently we don't support custom modes for thermostats as part of temperature control trait. 

For your light question it is possible to introduce your custom modes as supported by the ecosystem. When doing Matter integration use custom clusters for these. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

For thermostats we only support certain modes in the UI for Google Devices and Google Home App. For eg. there is no way to show ON mode for a thermostat which will default to one of the mode, Heat, Cool, Heat/Cool . Currently we don't support custom modes for thermostats as part of temperature control trait. 

For your light question it is possible to introduce your custom modes as supported by the ecosystem. When doing Matter integration use custom clusters for these. 

XuDaxing
Community Member

“Currently, I am also facing this problem and hoping to find a good solution. Typically, the temperature controllers we manufacture tend to be biased towards one type of control, either heating or cooling, and not both simultaneously.”