cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to get the GetGuestNetworkPassword trait work on the router device

Jerome1998
Community Member

I'm currently working on integrating my FritzBox router with the Google Smart Home App. I've successfully connected various local devices, such as my computer as a Gameconsole, to the app using an API on my NAS.

The integration is working smoothly for all functionalities, including enabling/disabling the guest network, speed tests, etc. However, I'm encountering an issue with the GetGuestNetworkPassword command.

Problem Description:
When I attempt to access the guest network settings on my Google Nest Hub 2 device, I get prompted to enter my PIN. After entering the PIN, the loading square appears, the guest network password as a QR code should be displayed. Unfortunately, the loading never completes.

Project Id: homecontrollersmarthome

Request and Response Details:

1. SYNC Response:

Jerome1998_7-1702398922399.png

2. QUERY Response:

Jerome1998_4-1702398699620.png

3. First Request (without challenge):

Jerome1998_3-1702398658450.png

Response:

Jerome1998_2-1702398628746.png

4. Request with Challenge:

Jerome1998_5-1702398780204.png

Response:

Jerome1998_6-1702398880227.png

Am I missing something in the implementation, or is there a different approach I should take?

Thank you,

Jerome

1 Recommended Answer

armen_dpe
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with GetGuestNetworkPassword trait.  To address this problem and ensure that it reaches the appropriate teams for investigation, I recommend opening a bug report on the Google Public Issue Tracker.
Make sure to attach logs, screenshots and videos of the issue. Provide the bugID here so we can track the issue further.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

armen_dpe
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with GetGuestNetworkPassword trait.  To address this problem and ensure that it reaches the appropriate teams for investigation, I recommend opening a bug report on the Google Public Issue Tracker.
Make sure to attach logs, screenshots and videos of the issue. Provide the bugID here so we can track the issue further.