cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Socially Connecting Different Nest Homes

Jinkos
Community Member

I am a developer and I am exploring ways of making different homes more socially connected. In this particular use case these homes belong to my mother (who lives 100 miles away), my sister (who lives in a different country) and my own family home.

Features I would like are...

1) to be able to ask my smart speaker whether or not my mother is at home and when it last saw her.

2) to use a voice command to open up a voice channel to her house and speak to her (though not hear her) without her having to perform any action acknowledging action (like picking up a virtual phone).

3) My sister should be able to join in the conversation.

Is this possible and, if so, what devices and would I need and what APIs should I use to develop this functionality (assuming you can already do this).

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello Jinkos,

Based on your requirements as asked above we have the following information to share with you.

1. Currently, there is no provision to ask the smart speaker whether or not someone is at home and their last seen information. Our engineers are constantly working to improve the Google Smart home ecosystem to make it more user friendly. We will put your request on our road map for future development. 
  2. We do have this capability enabled in our Nest Homes. We call this as broadcasting voice messages to Google Nest or Home Devices. More information in this regard can be found here.  We also have a sample video in this regard here
  3. We also don't have the feature currently available where your sister can join the conversation. You can try working with Google Calls if you want to achieve something like this.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello Jinkos,

Based on your requirements as asked above we have the following information to share with you.

1. Currently, there is no provision to ask the smart speaker whether or not someone is at home and their last seen information. Our engineers are constantly working to improve the Google Smart home ecosystem to make it more user friendly. We will put your request on our road map for future development. 
  2. We do have this capability enabled in our Nest Homes. We call this as broadcasting voice messages to Google Nest or Home Devices. More information in this regard can be found here.  We also have a sample video in this regard here
  3. We also don't have the feature currently available where your sister can join the conversation. You can try working with Google Calls if you want to achieve something like this.