cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden Assistant now says "I Can't Find That Speaker Group" and fails to stream audio.

iRzapper
Community Member

I have had a speaker group named "my speakers" set up within Google Home for six Nest audio speakers throughout my house for the last several years, and all has worked fine for the most part when I ask Google Assistant to stream music on "my speakers" from SiriusXM, Spotify, and iHeartRadio.

Starting yesterday, 02/25/24 (Sat.), when I ask Assistant to stream or play something, nine times out of ten I now get this response: "I can't find 'my speakers' , please make sure your device is turned on and hooked up to the internet", which is odd because the very fact that the Google Assistant is able to hear and respond to my request is because the very speaker(s) that Assistant is responding from could only occur if my device is already turned on and hooked up to the internet.  So what's the deal with this problem?

This is F'ing annoying, it now takes multiple requests over a 5-10 minute period, to get Assistant to finally deliver and stream whatever I've been requesting across my speaker group.  This problem occurs with requests for iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, and from Spotify.  General verbal questions, I.E. weather reports, time, basic google search requests, etc etc are all typically answered with no problems.

I have the most recent version of the Google Home App installed on my Android running the most recent software.

What's the issue and fix now Google?

Thanks for any help with this.

iRzapper,

2024-02-25 / 2:04pm PST

6 REPLIES 6

FlaviaB
Community Member

Im having the same issue, just started this week.  I tried everything, including factory set each speaker

iRzapper
Community Member

Yep, lets see if this Google support community can provide any help? 

(or if we're lucky maybe someone else had a similar issue and found a fix)?

skjwood
Community Member

Same. Annoying. 

Squidge
Community Member

Same problem for a couple of weeks now. Speakers work perfectly on their own, but not as a group!!!!

Blackdog62
Community Member

I have the same issue I used to be able yo broadcast from one speaker to another this is very handy and saves having to shout upstairs or downstairs to another room but fir about a week now the message from the room speaker is can't find a device with that name and asking me to set it up in the Google Home app, I've tried rebooting re installing, but still the same each works on their own but won't communicate with the others like they have for years, I'm finding this whole process very frustrating and this function was what helped me to decide to install Google over Alexa throuout my home,

Please can someone help with this as it would appear I'm not the only one suffering this glitch

Today mine are working again.😃

I did send feedback via the speaker, not sure if that helped or is a coincidence.