cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Animal of the Day is ending!!!

SRS
Community Member

Hi @All

Is the Animal of the Day ending at the end of Nov 23??

It's a fun function we access as a family and don't know why these prerecorded are ending.

Anyone know how we can log we want to keep this feature?? 

Thanks 

134 REPLIES 134

Rdouglas
Community Member

I am so sad this feature is going away. Please reconsider your decision!

HAZA
Community Member

Aaand it's gone. Pathetic from Google. Disgrace.

weewooweeewoooo
Community Member

i got the shrew today! hopefully its not gone 🙂

weewooweeewoooo
Community Member

nevermind it seems to be stuck on the shrew permanently how disappointing 😕

B_Swift
Community Member

And it’s gone for me now too. Was there in the morning yesterday Dec 1, and then gone by the evening. Must have been part of a rolling update or something. Boooooooo…

Hfamily7
Community Member

It was really crummy for it to extend past the date they set to get our hopes up. Really disappointed in how much Google has let go of its family friendly features. 

Seanrosscollins
Community Member

Me and my husband loved animal of the day, it's the only thing we do on our speakers that isn't listening to music 

Rjg
Community Member

Miserable decision and will make me very inclined to go to a competitor 

HFFamilyof5
Community Member

What a boneheaded move to remove this from our devices, that live in our homes, that our kids interact with. What a good way to get ill will directed at you, Google.

Birdy43
Community Member

My kids are really disappointed that Animal of the Day is gone. It was such a joyful way to start the day. This was a bad decision. 

timwigginsjr
Community Member

I've been showing my son the "Animal of the Day" since he was born. He is almost three now. Sad to see it go. Will provide feedback using the link.

jewels2
Community Member

Guess we will be replacing with amazon echos then, they still play games and are kid friendly. My kids really enjoyed animal of the day and playing games. You're basically just a speaker now.. worthless

Hfamily7
Community Member

That’s what we’ll be doing. We’ll have to wait for prime day to replace all Google products we have. Agreed, though. It’s essentially a very expensive speaker and kitchen timer when I’m cooking.

Tommy8
Community Member

What a pity, each of my boys has enjoyed this feature every day as young kids, now my 4 year old is missing it. How hard would it be to loop 365 of them? Feels like the Home is dying out, very frustrating that Google does this to products

Kymtbr
Community Member

Bring back Animal of the Day.  As a software engineer I can't imagine it is an expensive service to maintain.  If I had to guess it is deprecated because it is not easily monetized,  Typical big corporation.  If it's not profitable, then it is cut.

QuiteContrary
Community Member

Switching to Alexa. This change is lame. Boooooo google. 

They have a screen to play games on too?

egga222
Community Member

**bleep** you google.

Jln44
Community Member

Wow so sad, first the games and now animal of the day😟

LineWorks
Community Member

You cannot be serious. I'm absolutely switching to Alexa. Mess with my toddlers emotions and I'll make financially irrational dec

Jln44
Community Member

Yep! I was too looking into an Alexa Echo last night. My son cried and cried because the games were taking off and now this!

Ananords
Community Member

So sad to hear:(( Was a fun feature, but looks like the fun is stopping at Google. Time to move to Alexa then... 

hillot
Community Member

This was part of our daily routine as well. Our kids where super upset to hear this. Hopefully they can bring some fun features back so it doesnt become e waste.

UsernameIRL
Community Member

What a bizarre thing to remove. My kids really enjoyed this. 

bloodsucker
Community Member

my son, who is aged 5 is a super fan of animals of today. please bring it back, mmmm

MikeCurley
Community Member

Typical Google. Don't trust them any more.

rantholomew
Community Member

Please bring it back!

Liz82
Community Member

We’re another family that’s missing the animal of the day. My kids were so disappointed, it seems silly that Google would get rid of such a simple thing that brings so many people joy. It also seems like it would be easy to resolve and bring back. 

irok
Community Member

BRING IT BACK!

Jdw2
Community Member

My 3 year old asked me to call google to have them bring it back. Doing my due diligence 

Scruffie
Community Member

My daughter just broke down in tears when she asked for the animal of the day and Google assistant told her she can't do animal of the day anymore. Thanks Google!

Sgreen
Community Member

My 10 year old and 3 year old are devastated. It was such a lovely ritual we had. They loved dancing to the little theme tune. Lots of fond memories made and developing an interest in learning about nature. Please reconsider this.  A lot of disappointed people. 

Driddy
Community Member

I am so sorry to hear this! It has been a favorite feature of my two little boys since my eldest son was three years old. This engaging educational tool will be greatly missed by us. 

dwplease
Community Member

Yeah we couldn’t believe it when we asked the speaker and it said they’d stopped. I have so many memories of asking it with my daughter and dancing along to the music. Please please please reconsider! This is a feature that has value beyond just Google’s $$$s - goodwill from your customers! 

Smooglabish
Community Member

It's ridiculous that animal of the day is gone. My 3 and 5 year old are so sad as we've been using this feature for years. 

What does this device even do anymore? It doesn't seem to have genuinely enjoyable features. Many of the best features have been degraded over time.  It seems more like a mostly inaccurate spy device now. 

We are going to switch to a more family oriented smart home ecosystem. 

Chrisakak9
Community Member

It was bad enough loosing song quiz, then other games, now this!

My nests (one in each room) are slowly becoming glorified light switches and radios

Mine is just a large timer now

TymberTree
Community Member

My family and I are also very disappointed with this decision, it was the only thing we ever used our Google homes for. Now they are just useless.

I really hope you guys bring this feature back so that i don't feel like i wasted literally hundreds of dollars on these boring devices.

0/10 would not recommend since it seems like all they do is drop functions 

Liaisonember
Community Member

My 7 year old is very sad that this feature is now gone. It was a family favorite. Please bring it back 

Super_paulie
Community Member

Think of how many resources it would take to keep animal of the day running. Would be borderline nothing at all, why kill it?