cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Broadcasting has been broken for nearly a year

davidjpayne1981
Community Member

Just going to copy and paste someone elses message on another thread that was for some reason locked and marked as answered. The fact is it is not fixed. Broadcast used to be 100% reliable and the best thing about these devices, now it is a constant source of frustration.

My family have lots of nest minis and we broadcast between them. Suddenly however broadcast has stopped working and it's google assistance at fault.  Conversation goes like thus:

Me - hey google, broadcast

Speaker - what's the message

Me - everyone come for dinner

Speaker - something like "you need to tell me the message" 

Me - I repeat "everyone come for dinner" 

Speaker - sorry I don't understand

Everything use to work, now it doesnt ands frustrating. Doesn't work from the hub, any speaker or Android phone on same network.

What's the deal? 

2 REPLIES 2

john533
Community Member

It seems there's an issue with Google Assistant's broadcast feature, causing frustration among users who rely on it for communication within their households. Despite its previous reliability, recent experiences indicate a breakdown in functionality, with commands not being properly recognized or executed. Users report encountering difficulties across various devices on the same network, including Nest Minis and Android phones. This abrupt decline in performance has led to a significant disruption in the user experience, leaving many seeking solutions to restore the functionality they once relied upon.

be11aml
Community Member

100% agree

95% of the time, when I trigger the broadcast routine and I speak my message, it does not get recorded/heard/understood

Instead, after a short pause, I get 'to broadcast your message......' 😔

This is driving me and my family to despair!

Either the mic is not being activated or the sensitivity has been lowered. 

'OK Google Broadcast' is 100% effective

Tell it a message - only works first time 5%. After shouting the message on a second attempt it might be 50% effective

Please get this fixed