cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't enable sleep sensing on new Google Nest Hub (2nd gen)

ML1261
Community Member

I have sleep sensing enabled in Google Home, but it shows as inactive on the hub (in settings).   On the hub, in settings for sleep sensing, there is a button that says "Send link to phone", but it doesn't do anything.    Other functions are working fine on the hub, including motion sensing.   Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 Recommended Answer

lonewolfy
Community Member

Try resetting to factory settings/enable disable multiple times. It dind't work for me the first time either. Fiddle with the settings and permisions from Google home. They seem to still have bugs with this. And when it will work pray for it to stay that way 🙂.

View Recommended Answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Slipchuck
Community Member

Same problem 

Csteenson
Community Member

Have the same problem here. New device, Google Home App (iOS) has the necessary sleep sensing settings activated, but the Hub 2 still says Sleep Sensing is Inactive.

bgcom
Community Member

Same here

lonewolfy
Community Member

Hey! I had the same problem, gave first kudos to this post but since yesterday I managed to fix it. I don't know which of the following did it but here it is what I did:

1. Factory reset device and chose English UK instead of USA. (I don't think it matters). I am in Romania.

Removed and readded back the device in google home.

At this point I enabled sleep sensing again and still not working.

In the meantime I restarted the nest a few times.

Got annoyed and disabled Sleep sensing from Google home. Blocked google from accessing sleep info then unblocked, reenabled Sleep sense on Google home.

It asked to calibrate. Surprise, the nest was able to calibrate and enable Sleep sensing.

Good luck! Try factoru reset, restart (both volume buttons), disable/enable sleep sense in google home etc...

LeoZ
Community Member

Have the same problem, new device, Google Home App (iOS). I have tried the factory reset device, disable/enable sleep sense in google home....  and when I swiped up the bottom of my Hub, i could not find any tap about "Motion Sense" and "Sleep Sensing"....

lonewolfy
Community Member

Try resetting to factory settings/enable disable multiple times. It dind't work for me the first time either. Fiddle with the settings and permisions from Google home. They seem to still have bugs with this. And when it will work pray for it to stay that way 🙂.

ML1261
Community Member

Thanks.   Removing the hub from google home and resetting to factory and starting over worked for me.   When I did this, it let me calibrate and is now working.

bgcom
Community Member

Hello,

It is fixed on my side: I relaunched the configuration removing the configuration from the app first and then initiating it from the device and suddenly the calibrate feature was working fine.

(maybe a software update happened in between too but I am not sure - I did no factory reset or device removal from the app to make it work)