cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Doorbell ring on phone?

kateandco
Community Member

Hi helpers, 

I just purchased the google next doorbell (battery) ... and I can't get it to make my phone alert me to visitors. 

I can get a small buzz notification but no ring or chime or anything that one might expect from something that markets itself as a DOORBELL. 

From looking through the answers on google this seems to be something that the batter doorbell doesn't do? I researched this quite extensively but never though to check whether the doorbell would actually be a BELL for the DOOR. 

Can someone point me in the right direction? Surely, SURELY there is a way to get the Home App to ring a chime or push through a more prominent notification of visitors? 

Thanks in advance, Kate. 

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Unfortunately, there's no setting to change the notification sound on iOS devices for Google Nest doorbells, and iOS 17 changed the default sound to one that many have argued is almost inaudible. I’d encourage you to also send this feedback directly to Google. You will not receive a response, unless Google need more details from you, however the team are still reading the feedback.

kateandco
Community Member

Thank you so much David - I'm absolutely gob smacked that this door bell is so deceptively marketed to "know when anyone is at your door from anywhere" ... and yet, no. It literally fails to do that one simple thing.

I have sent feedback to google. 

A recent iOS update gave us the ability to change the default notification sound on our iPhones, under Settings | Sounds & Haptics | Default Alerts.