cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Hub 2 : Trying to add a device with voice match but app reports "no wifi connection"q

MilesAB
Community Member

I'm trying to add my daughters voice to the Google hub 2. It recommends using Family link (where she is already setup). I go to Family link > google assistant > add XXX to new devices. Then the app reports there is no wifi connection. I have turned my android phone on and off and there is a good wifi connection.

I also tried the other route of using Google home on my daughters tablet and Family link. It also reported "no wifi connection". I then tried adding my daughter as a a home member through Google home. Using "Invite person" it then told me to open family link....which again reported "no wifi connection". Seems like an ongoing bug. 

Does anybody have a solution?

101 REPLIES 101

Nicmclee
Community Member

Same issue here - tried to for Wifi by deactivating mobile data, but no change 

N1ck
Community Member

exactly the same issue I had assumed it was related to a change of ISP and having a different wifi name. Makes the entire family link ecosystem pointless

papazol869
Community Member

Same issue here.

Henkvdwal
Community Member

Same here but worked fine first now my wife can't add the Sonos anymore. Seems to be a multiple user issue?

kethr
Community Member

same issue exactly. was hoping there would be a solution on this post

Henkvdwal
Community Member

have found a bit of a workaround. It works partly. added my her wfi google account to my phone. added the speakers in her account on my phone. She has 2 of 3 speakers now. But in Google home speakers now show up twice per speaker (so 2 times speaker kitchen and livingroom).
They recognize here voice and she can add them to a routine in home. the 3rd speaker is in my acount but not hers.

ERIKOLNE
Community Member

Same problem here. Frustrating!

thebenb
Community Member

Same. I accidentally removed voice match for my daughter on one device (mini) and now I can't add it back either through home app on her device, nor though family link. Says "no Wi-Fi connection"

K6
Community Member

On your phone, go to Settings -> Apps -> select the Google app -> click the 3 dots in the top right corner -> uninstall updates. Once you do that, reinstall the updates for the Google app through the Play Store. Then you can go back to voice match settings and it should work.

thebenb
Community Member

This worked for me. Thanks! 

Sp23
Community Member

Does this delete all your stored account information? Having the same problem as everyone else but don't wanna have to start from scratch if I can avoid it

K6
Community Member

No, it won't. It's re-installing the "Google" app, not the "Home" app. Data is also stored on the server of Google, not locally on the apps.

So it will be fine! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

That worked for me, but google really need to fix this on the latest update

Karmeko
Community Member

Also worked for me, thanks K6

roberto84roma
Community Member

It works!! Thank you!

sebibart
Community Member

Great, thanks! It worked for me also! You saved me!

Solan1974
Community Member

Thanks. It worked for me. I have almost been tearing my hair off 🙂 

vixo16
Community Member

Thanks, did the trick

kethr
Community Member

yup. that did it 

thanks so much!

Nibswoo81
Community Member

Also worked for me. Thanks @K6 

Antoine
Community Member

thank you; it worked for me as well

rob2go
Community Member

Perfext. Worked for me. Great!!! 

newo
Community Member

THX!

This appears to work! Thank you. It would be better if Google presented this as an official fix!

rept
Community Member

Works indeed.  Should work default of course...  Been more than a month, is Google looking into this?

Dermotm
Community Member

Didn't work.. Any other suggestions?

Jahuu
Community Member

This doesn't solve the issue for me either. Google is getting really slow on fixing Nest-related issues, this issue seems to have been around at lest 6 months now.

Rebooting all devices (including router), clearing cache, checking language-settings and removing those Google-updates doesn't help. Thinking is Google abandoning Nest-support and would it be wiser to abandon Google-automation platform and replace it with other vendor.

stevehoot
Community Member

Hi Jahuu.

I'm in the same boat. I use Samsung SmartThings as my core smart home platform, but wanted a way for some of my 'users' to make small tweaks (light colour for bedroom for my 9 year old etc) easily - hence buying a couple of Nest Mini speakers for the kids bedrooms, plus a Nest Hub and. Nest Hub Max for communal areas.

I have my own post (here) and have a ticket with their support (ticket number 3-4397900003317).

As all I had since 25h Jan and getting first line, scripted answers with them failing to read my ticket notes or even bother to read this or my own forum post, I've flagged my disappointment and frustration. Should I not see a stark improvement in their awful support and / or a resolution (or at least a workaround) I'll be sending back all four of my Google Nest devices.

Please feel free to reference both my forum post and / or my ticket number if you speak to Google support.

Also, if I do ditch the Nest speakers, do you have any suggestions on alternatives? I'm aware of Alexa of course, but my other half doesn't like that assistant. Anything else or so do I need to consider HomeAssistant? (Sure I'm capable, but seems like far more work than I'd like to to do!)

ParzivaI08
Community Member

Apparently this worked for everyone, but after countless tries and variations I still can't seem to get away from the "no internet connection". I,m beginning to get desperat (I'm on a phone using android 11)

Shreedhan
Community Member

This solution worked for me also. I hope this is on the Google Dev bug list somewhere.

My device is a Sonos Beam and suddenly lost voice match even though it was in the device list.

When I readded it, it was named slightly differently which suggests something changed for the device at some point. 

dubrava4ever
Community Member

doesn`t work for me, not on my or wife`s phone

Fl00w
Community Member

FOR THOSE WHO STILL COULDN'T SOLVE THE PROBLEM: I just hit and spammed the "Try again" many times and very quickly and it worked.

Negruj
Community Member

Thanks K6!!!! That worked

Extreme79
Community Member

I'm hitting in the same **bleep** issue.

I'm installed google Hub 2 in my daughter (8yrs) room. The hub is part of my house. My daughter account is already linked into a Google mini with voice match.

In some way (I'm in fight with the device since 7hrs ago) seems that the account is now linked with the hub BUT the voice match is not active on it (and only on it).

Retraining the voice not solved.

Trying to activate voice match fall in to "no wifi connection" issue.

Trying to add a family member to the house with Google home, point me to family link app, and than again to the "no wifi connection" issue.

I'm going mad! 😭😭😭

16404723479948385776885198678210.jpg...and clicking the checkbox or the add voice match button..

16404724295924539037249114844524.jpg

*Bleep* *bleep* *bleep*

Sp23
Community Member

The solution above by K6 worked for me, uninstall and reinstall Google app updates as they instruct and then when I went back into family link it worked no problem! 😊😊👍🏻

Extreme79
Community Member

Unfortunately for me isn't working 😞

I tried to uninstall all the updates. I tried with 4 different devices, OnePlus 8t stock , Samsung S10 stock, and old light modded Samsung tablet (android 7.1) and an highly modded and ancient Redmi note 2 prime.

No way. The  d a m n  no WI Fi connection popup Everytime. 😭😭

Negruj
Community Member

I only uninstalled the updates of the "Google app" (not the home app) and did not reinstall the updates. So I worked with an old version. And that solved the no connection issue. Hope this helps. 

Extreme79
Community Member

A light bulb brighten in my mind.

I re-uninstalled again google app and noticed that google app try to reupdate itself.

So.. I tried again, avoiding the update, and...

It worked!! 🧡🧡🧡🧡

Thank you so much. Now I can sleep with tranquillity 🤣

Marlar
Community Member

Thanks, this worked for me too! Uninstalling and reinstalling updates did not work, but uninstalling without updating made it possible to add voice match for my daughter's smart clock.

However, it is weird that Google doesn't fix a bug that is maybe two years old or more 😞