cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Hub Max - No Power / Black Screen

Tyelm
Community Member

Hi,

I'm outside of the 1yr warranty on my Google Nest Hub Max. One day the device wouldn't respond nor turn on. I bought another power adapter to see if it would turn on. I even tried other outlets. It does not turn on.

I'm curious if anyone has run into this? Also I'm curious the cost of repair sending it in for Google to replace and if it's worth it.

I had display issues in the past where the screen went black and I had that one replaced. So it seems like a repeat issue with this device. 

I also have the first gen version of the smaller screen without any issues. So it seems like there is something plagued with the Max version. Not sure if it's even worth repairing at this point if it will just die later.

Curious of others thoughts on this. Clearly the new power adapter didn't help at all.

2 REPLIES 2

Lucrh123
Community Member

I had this yesterday.  Can't use mine at all. I unplugged it and when I went to plug it back in I got absolutely nothing.

Tried everything I can think of but it's just dead as far as I can tell.

If you get yours to work please let me know how you did it.

Tyelm
Community Member

Interesting, no dice, not even with a new power adapter. I'm sorry you're also having this trouble. I spoke with Google Support and they do not even repair out of warranty items, even for money. They their higher level support suggested that I bring it to a local tech that works on screens. Seemed odd to me. I just gave up and got another smaller screen unit which works. I just have not had good luck with the MAX smart screen. If I learn something more, I'll let you know.