cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Hub Max constantly disconnecting from Wifi

obwanknobi
Community Member

I'm resurrecting this topic, since the thread was closed and all the solutions given in the previous thread do not help solve my problem

Situation:

I upgraded my home ISP, which required me to move my router from one room to another. My house has a router and 5 access points, in this case 1 AP and the router (which is an AP) were swapped rooms. 

The 1 Hub Max and 4 Hubs refused to connect to the wifi network after this happened. Everything worked great before moving the APs around.

Steps I have taken:

Removed all 5 devices from Google Home

Performed a factory reset on all 5 devices

Added the 5 devices back to the Home

Problem:

the Hub Max and 1 Hub refuse to stay connected to the wifi network, the screen it displays says to reboot the device or reconnect it to Home.

I especially frustrated  that the connection help has a section on the exact symptoms of "did you get a new ISP, did you change your network?" but then offers nothing for how to resolve it.

Does anybody know how to reset whatever is stored in the Home app about the location of the Hubs with regards to the wifi APs in a house? It is clear that information is stored that is not cleared out when a factory reset is done on the devices. Also, before anybody suggests, I refuse to create a new Home and transfer all my devices, I have 8 rooms and 65+ devices in my Home.

0 REPLIES 0