cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Max Hub - WiFi connection issues

Sadcat
Community Member

Bought a Google Nest Max today to go with our Chromecast and home hub. Used to the Google set up, having a pixel 6 phone... But it does not want to connect to the WiFi. 

Messages include - check password and / or check input. 

Have rebooted WiFi router, unplugged the nest, moved the nest closer to the router, factory reset the nest twice, reinstalled the Google home app. I have checked the input/password which is correct but the nest will not connect. Don't know if it is the frequency it is on, currently 5 not 2.4 however I cannot work out how to change it. 

The nest will connect to the app... But stage two is WiFi and so it cannot complete the installation until it has found the WiFi. 

Anyone had these issues and know how to fix... Have done /followed all online instructions in various orders with no luck. Wondering if I bought a faulty item 😞 

3 REPLIES 3

slow_boat
Community Member

Had this problem today, it may be the wi-fi settings in your router, on my ZYXEL router I disabled the Protected Management Frames setting to disabled and problem solved!

Sadcat
Community Member

Thanks! Gave this a try but sadly did not work and now the mini home hub upstairs cannot find the WiFi. I think I will return the PMF back to where they were and see if I can get one device on the network. 

I did wonder if it is was to do with the bandwidth 2.4/5 - and where you can access the hub (without it connected) via its IP address to change and connect? Any ideas? 

slow_boat
Community Member

I tried separating the the 2.4/5.0 wi-fi  frequencies but still could not connect to the router.

I did an online chat with google support to see if the hub was faulty, I used my spare phone as a mobile hotspot and the hub connected straight away, which narrowed it down to the router/connection settings.

Might be worth contacting google support to troubleshoot the router settings