cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Mini (gen1) factory reset does not work

MarcdeK
Community Member

Hi all,

I have a Net Mini (gen 1) that has stopped working. (4 leds light up but no response).

I have tried the standard factory reset (press button 5 seconds, hold for 10) and I have tried to remove the powercord, wait 10 sec and repeat 10 times. 
Pressing the reset button shows one green led but after releasing it the led turns white but nothing changes.

Also tried to hold down the reset button before powering up, the green led turns on, after a few seconds 2 white leds turn on. After releasing the reset button the green led turns off and the two white leds stay on but the other two white leds remain off.

So far I think I have tried everyting, any suggestions?

Thanks

Marc

5 REPLIES 5

oliverrl
Community Member

Hi Marc, you are not alone.  I had the exact same issue happen this month.  I contacted Google, opened a formal case, and their initial response was "it is out of warranty, nothing we can do", and did not acknowledge that there was an update on firmware by Google in December that caused some of them to brick, including mine.  I then found a thread (totally by accident) that Google does know about this but have not yet decided what to do for their customers.  You can read the article below.  I am continuing to push this until Google makes a formal announcement on what they can and will do to support their customer base.  I have been a Google Home user since it was first released and have come to depend on them as they are integrated into my home.

https://www.howtogeek.com/google-is-looking-into-bricked-google-home-speakers/

-Rich (oliverrl)

MarcdeK
Community Member

Thank you so much for the link. I did not find that one. Submitted feedback and as it seems many people will patiently have to wait until Google comes with a solution. Don't  you love cloud based appliances 🙂

oicned
Community Member

I have the same issue on my google home mini... I tried the unplug/plug after 10 secs 10 times. Did this 3 times so it's 30 times and it's still the same. The google home mini is bricked.

JulienetManue
Community Member

At the electrical connection !

JulienetManue_0-1702742638633.jpeg

After 5 Second

JulienetManue_1-1702742638636.jpeg

If I press the Reset button

JulienetManue_2-1702742638637.jpeg

If I press the Reset button at the electrical connection

JulienetManue_3-1702742638638.jpeg

After 5 second (press the Reset button at the electrical connection)

JulienetManue_4-1702742638639.jpeg

When i release the reset button

JulienetManue_5-1702742638639.jpeg

Saeris
Community Member

oh wow I thought mt 1st gen speaker just broke, but "happy"? to see im not the only one....