cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google home app offers duplicate speaker groups to cast to. It then says "can't find that group".

Dittaspank
Community Member

I ask google to play on 'downstairs' group of speakers. It then says 'would you like to play that on downstairs or downstairs?' I say downstairs and sometimes it plays on that group and sometimes it says 'sorry, we can't find downstairs'. I have old minis, new nest minis, google homes, 2 home maxes, yada yada, stupid me for buying google...
I have read people switching up the name of the group but that did not help. I swapped out my router, rebooted all device, cut the power to my house. rebooted ALL. But still nothing. I read the engineers at google are aware, although it is not really documented. and they are working on it. 

Multi Billion $ comp.  and it can't get proper engineers? And cutting the group volume controls is disgusting. time for a class action I say. I have to adjust all 10 speakers manually now. WTF Google?

Sonos here I come... and the Bluetooth still is not syncing on some speakers properly, after 2 years under development by google engineers. Separate complaint here but they know about it. So many issues. Why google?

4 REPLIES 4

serum
Community Member

I also noticed the duplicated speaker groups (sometimes even 3 of them). For 5 solid days i have been unable to playback to speaker groups, it only plays through 1 of the 4 devices connected. It's horrible. Removed groups, using different group names. reset devices to factory defaults, It only works for a few hours. It went worse after google decided not to pay sonos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

serum
Community Member

You are more than welcome.

I even had google translating a speaker group name from dutch to english. (beneden is downstairs in english) it mentioned it wanted to playback music on downstairs, but wasn't able to. (which is a fact, because downstairs is not a speaker group, it is called 'beneden'). I then removed the group beneden and called it downstairs in an attempt to fix it. 

ztate
Community Member

Just adding that the same thing is happening in my house: "Do you want to play that on First Floor or First Floor?", then failure. Have submitted feedback through the device, to no avail.