cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google home routines

Jasonhaag
Community Member

Google changed the way you set up Routines. You used to be able to check multiple devices to turn on or turn off? Fro what can tell, this is no longer available. I’m trying to find out if it is available anywhere. Or at least give Google feedback to bring back that programming availability. 

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You can still do that. In the Google Home app:

1. Tap the Automations tab at the bottom.
  2. Tap + Add > Choose whether you want it to be a Household or Personal routine.
  3. Tap + Add starter and choose how you want the routine to start.
  4. Tap + Add action > Adjust Home devices > select the device > check "Turn on or off" and change it to "Turn on" or "Turn off" as appropriate > Add action.
  5. Repeat step 4 for each device you want to turn on or off.
  6. At the end, tap to give the routine a name and tap Save at the bottom.

Thank you David. I understand this is how to add those devices. The problem with it is, I have over 70 devices to add to a routine. It won’t show you what’s already added and it doesn’t give you the choice to choose multiples at the same time where it used to! 

Google support is horrific. I don't even think they have the ability to change anything, the algorithms have taken over and they have no control. I have tried downgrading the app to the earliest version that offered routines no avail, they changed something on the server side.