cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google mini refuses to play any radio stations

Owen_Schmowen
Community Member

Well I think the title says it all really. When asked, my assistant maintains that she can't find it or its unavailable right now. Eh..... Really?

1 Recommended Answer

MatthewM
Product Expert Alumni
Product Expert Alumni

Hi John,

Can you please detail exactly what voice command you are giving to your device and it's exact response. Try and be more specific with your request, and alter how you ask to listen to the station. Try using the frequency, location, or common radio call sign. All these steps may allow for a more accurate connection.

You can also log into My Activity, then 'Filter by date and product' and select Assistant. This will tell you how the device is interpreting what you are saying. 

There are more troubleshooting steps here.

If these steps don't work, please let me know.

Thank you!

Matthew M
Silver Product Expert

View Recommended Answer in original post

76 REPLIES 76

Dennis
Community Member

Same issue. Can't find or play any stations on tunein, just stopped today. Can play by casting from the tunein app but very inconvenient. 

Patandruss
Community Member

No problem listening to radio on google home & it’s suddenly not working in Calgary AB

n4syth
Community Member

Same here...'can't find it or its unavailable right now'.   Extremely annoying as I have this for my clock radio to wake up to...

Blen
Community Member

I was having issues with the local radio station I play almost every day.  I saw someone say something about Tunein, so I tried a different radio station I knew wasn't on Tunein.  It is playing right now.  It was WLTW.  I'm also able to get Iheart80s from Iheart, just now.  Maybe try either of those?  I think something may be messed up with Tunein?  At least for me.

n4syth
Community Member

Thanks for the info.  The station I want is not available on IHeartRadio... 

Fortunately it appears to have only been intermittent as the station I wanted/TuneIn is working today.

Myrissa
Community Member

I have been using the google nest  for  about a year and never had any issues.  I play the radio on it in my house as well as I have one at my work.  Today when I asked it to play the radio station it just says “I don’t know, here’s what I found on search”

its happening on the google nest and google mini at my house as well as my google nest in my business office 

any suggestions?

Rosyv
Community Member

The same with my nest hub, just this morning won’t find ABC NewsRadio. Has been working fine for a year.

why
Community Member

Same problem here.  I was able to listen to kusaradio fine for the past few years with my Google Home speaker.  Not anymore.  The station streams fine with other devices, for example the Amazon Alexa smart speaker.

Rosyv
Community Member

Yes maybe time to ditch the Google stuff, too flaky. I’ll ask Siri what she thinks.

userworx
Community Member

If your command does not work with your Google Home device, open your TuneIn Radio app from your device and cast it to your Google Home device.

Myrissa
Community Member

Yes. However if I wanted to use my phone I wouldn’t have the google products.  
Is this something that corrects itself?

It has happened before. The TuneIn and Google folks will eventually stop finger-pointing and talk, then fix this. 

-bmw

Mark_DK
Community Member

Yes same issue, keeps replying the same answer as you mentioned. Tried switching off the device, restarting my WiFi modem, nothing's working. 

From Japan.  I've been using several google home mini for years.  Up untill yesterday, I could hear all tunein US radio stations including WXPN, WCRB, KCRW, ,,,,.  But I can not  hear anymoure.  Although My PC can play all tunein radio stations.  Google Home mini can play BBC radio, I guess BBC is not through Tunein.

LisaP1
Community Member

I am having issues with my Google Nest not being able to stream a radio station from TuneIn, she says it is unavailable. I am able to go to TuneIn on the Web and I am able to play the station I asked her to play. I have tried 100 ways to get her to play the station but it does not work.

Any other thoughts on how to get this fixed.

Lisa

grajon
Community Member

i have the same issue, i can get other stations on my google hub through tunein but not the one I usually listen to

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

I had an issue earlier today with my usual station from TuneIn. It is working now though. I'll do some research and see if this is a known issue w/ TuneIn stations today.

Same issue with radio stations

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

I just noticed that if I ask for NPR it get the error. If I ask for the station by call letters though, it works. 

Additionally, I've asked the Nest team for any info they may have and reported this issue to them.  I don't see any issues reported on TuneIn's status page .

grajon
Community Member

Just an update, I have now lost all my Tunein stations.  hub and minis tell me that any station I ask for is unavailable

LisaP1
Community Member

I just spoke with Google help and we did troubleshooting with my Nest. He knew what station I was looking for. He sent a "kick" to my Nest which did not help it, but he did say that the station I am wanting, the issue is with TuneIn. I sent in a Feedback request to Google with the issue so TuneIn can finish whatever they are doing.

Rosyv
Community Member

Not just tunein, radio app and IHeart radio are the same. It’s google.

I can't find AM 640 in Toronto either

Stan
Community Member

When asked to play a radio station I've listened to for months, Google Nest Mini replies " I can't do that here, but I can play it on one of your other devices".

Glassman-3
Community Member

Same issue on 3 devices

Trybik99
Community Member

I have that same issue on my Google mini 2 and Google Hub's. Problem with TuneIn ?

morgan
Community Member

All of a sudden yesterday mine stopped working. I am trying to play a particular station, and she says the same thing. I can't play that here, but I can play on one of your other devises. What Happened????? This was my sanity everyday and I am stressing this BIGTIME.

Misery likes company.
My Nest Max refused to recognize "Hey Google put on CBC Radio 1 in Halifax" for the first time in over two years. Instead it brings up some browser page with links. I have never seen a browser page on the Nest before. I had read a couple weeks ago that Google was silently changing the operating system on the Google Nest devices and if this is the result well they just tweeked things till they broke.

What was the response to not receiving Radio reception..I can’t get it either, looking for answers, please

imblssd
Community Member

Same issue here on my home device

Tanya5
Community Member

My request to “Hey Google” to play radio stations..for the past 2 days has been denied. What’s happening? My friends can get it on theirs.

Google home mini has stopped playing radio stations I normally listen to.  Says it can't find it or it's not available right now.  Problem started yesterday and it is still an issue today.

Mac
Community Member

Mine too, what the heck is going on

foxhouse
Community Member

When I try to listen to a local radio station that is available on Tune-in, the google mini says: "I can't do that here, but you can ask me to play it on your other devices".  It will not play on any other google device.  The problem appears that google will no longer play Tune-in.  But it was working fine earlier today.  I tried resetting devices and they all still will not work with Tune-in.

Khild
Community Member

Is this a google issue or a tune in issue? I can access tune in via my iPhone and it streams fine.  I am experiencing the same issues as  is my friend across town. Did google tweak something? 

Me too

John47
Community Member

Cannot get my local radio stations.  Google says unavailable 

MatthewM
Product Expert Alumni
Product Expert Alumni

Hi John,

Can you please detail exactly what voice command you are giving to your device and it's exact response. Try and be more specific with your request, and alter how you ask to listen to the station. Try using the frequency, location, or common radio call sign. All these steps may allow for a more accurate connection.

You can also log into My Activity, then 'Filter by date and product' and select Assistant. This will tell you how the device is interpreting what you are saying. 

There are more troubleshooting steps here.

If these steps don't work, please let me know.

Thank you!

Matthew M
Silver Product Expert