cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google nest audio delay

Hdchsama
Community Member

Hello everyone I would like to ask you all for help. So I bought an extra Google nest audio speaker to pair together with my old one but it's terribly out of sync. I know what you're going to ask. Have you already used group delay correction??? Yes I did and there is no change at all It doesn't change after testing it on all levels for an hour long. Does anyone know another solution or maybe If possible an update which covers this problem? I can see that when I double the speaker the delay also doubles to 2 seconds long delay. If you have the answer please tell me

1 REPLY 1

Brodi
Community Member

I understand official Google line is that using a Nest Audio Speaker Pair is not (yet) officially supported as audio output for a video source (such as the Chromecast with Google TV or NVIDIA Shield).

Group delay correction did nothing for me either. However, I found that there was also an audio delay correction setting on my NVIDIA Shield, and adjusting that did work temporarily, though it didn't seem to "stick" and I had to go back again to adjust it. Of course, if you are using a device like the Chromecast with Google TV, which does not have an audio delay setting, this won't help much.

Not sure if this is a Nest Audio, Chromecast, or Bluetooth issue (or a combination), but hopefully will be resolved. Would be great to be able to use a Nest Audio speaker pair for a TV/projector.