cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google nest mini speakers wont connect to deco x68 mesh

British_Kiwi
Community Member

Hi

We recently bought three google nest mini speakers for the kids and they connected fine to our old router/modem.

We have Optus NBN and one speaker at the back of the house was a little temperamental. The 5ghz in that room is fine, but the 2.4 is not great. We did have an extender but decided to get a deco x68 mesh.

Mesh is set up, firm ware up to date as of this morning.

Phones, tablets, laptops ipads and even watches connected fine.

Initially it looked like all the speakers and chromecasts had connected, but although the deco app looked like they were connected and one of the speakers looked like it was playing but who knows.

Did some searching and ended up pulling apart the google home set up, factory reset all the speakers and chromecasts. I set up google home and then one of the chromecasts. This works perfectly fine. Tried with the first speaker and seems to connect until it gets to the password bit and then just cannot connect. I've seen similar issues reported from a few years ago, but no solutions. 

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

British_Kiwi
Community Member

Problem solved!! Thought I would post here as this seems a common issue.

Need to have "Fast Roaming" and "Beamforming" disabled. Our fast roaming was already disabled but the beamforming wasn't. Before we did this we found the speaker could connect to the guest network easily enough. 

Hope this help