cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again.. no more voice broadcast

realjax
Community Member

Here we go again.. this is soooooo tiresome Google. Please hire some professional developers who know what they are doing.

Again, the nest devices suddenly no longer broadcast our voice but turn the messages  into text to speech. Listen careful (again)..  WE DONT  WANT T H I S !!!!!

We've already been down this road before and then it took months before a fix.

Please see this thread. Same problem, same bug reintroduced. https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Speakers-and-Displays/Spoken-broadcast-message-changed-to-spo...

How is this possible????

4 REPLIES 4

Agent-616
Community Member

This happened a few times now and you fix it but it's gone again.

When I broadcast via my Google home devices it uses the assistants voice and not my own voice like before.

This only started today and was working fine with our own voices perfectly up to this point.

Please fix this asap. 

OSTBear
Community Member

I didn't find this on my original search, so I started a post about the exact same thing.

It's very frustrating that this keeps coming back.

derrickgardner
Community Member

Appreciate this being bubbled up again dot as someone that followed this mess a few months ago this is very disappointing. Here we are dealing with it again. As a feature that is used multiple times per day, if not per hour, in our household, this is very inconvenient. 

Please get your act together, Google!