Hi Millie Entwisle,

Thank you for reaching out. I am sorry that your Spotify is not working with your Google device. I use my Spotify daily so I understand your frustration. I would be more than happy to help answer your question.

At this moment, this is an emerging issue of Spotify having issues with Google Nest and Home devices. Our team is aware of this situation and are working on getting this issue resolved.

In the meantime, I recommend you casting your music from Spotify, this is what I do everyday with no issues.

To cast from a mobile device, you will go to the bottom right of your screen of your Spotify App. You will see a desktop screen and speaker icon next to each other. Once you click on it, it will show which device you are listening to Spotify on. Below that will be a list of devices you can select to transfer your music to. Your speaker should be on the list. This is what I usually do when I use Spotify and haven't had any issues.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns. Thanks!