cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Intermittent issue streaming music to Home Group from multiple smart speakers

vereynn
Community Member

I use a dozen or so Assistant-powered smart speakers/displays throughout my townhouse, mainly for streaming Pandora. Full range of devices - Goggle Home x2, Google Home Mini x3, Nest Mini x2, Nest Home Max, Nest Hubs x2, 3rd-party Assistant-powered smart speakers and TVs.

About two or three weeks ago, right after Android 12 hit my Pixel 5 phone, I started intermittently (2 in 3 times but not every time) getting "Can't find Home Group. Make sure the device is connected to the internet" errors from the responding smart speaker when I did my typical "Hey Google, Play Music on Home Group" voice command. This occurred multiple times a day because between Google Home and Pandora, there appears to be some timeout issue that stops Pandora streaming after some random number of hours even though I'm on the paid Pandora plan. It happens from any speaker; all models affected other than I've never had a chance to test it out on the smart TVs.

Most of the time, the workaround involves opening the Home app on my phone, going to Media, and telling it to play on the Home Group from there (and thanks Google for getting the speaker groups back in the device list in the Media tab!).

Last week, after switching to a Pixel 6 and having the issue continue, I went into the Home app, found the Home Group, and edited the name (just clicked Edit then Save unchanged) and now it works about 90% of the time.

Any thoughts on a full fix for this issue?

2 REPLIES 2

Lvpupkitn
Community Member

I'm having this issue with my speakers as well and with my other Bluetooth devices since the update to Android 12 running on Pixel 5. Connection drops between speakers and phone. I get the 'make sure connected to internet' error while connected to both or either Wi-Fi or mobile data.

vereynn
Community Member