cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Home Hub no longer recognizes me

JoanP
Community Member

I am the owner of the Google home hub and 5 speakers we have around the house. I am recorded as the owner and it is connected to my account. Since yesterday my speakers think I am my daughter meaning I am unable to give a voice command to access my routines, or my music. I have retrained my voice on in the settings. I have switched off the devices and let them repower up. I have checked my daughter's settings. She used to have a family child account and she turned 13 5 days before this occured. I don't think it is connected because it was working fine for 4 days after her birthday. Please help. It also thinks I am my husband. I have in the house nest mini 1st gen, 2nd gen and home hub with the screen

7 REPLIES 7

Pezza
Community Member

Same thing is happening to me.

3 people living in the house, it started out as everyone was my dad.

I've rebooted, factory restarted, deleted old voice recordings and even had the accounts leave the house.

Other devices which are the nest mini and tv knows the different people.

Someone commented in the thread I made that it's happening to them on the nest mini. 

JoanP
Community Member

I know it doesn't help but at least I am not the only one with the issue. Thanks for telling me that 

christtobar
Community Member

I am also experiencing this issue with all my Google Home speakers and all household members. Factory reset doesn't help and retraining the voice model doesn't either.

Kind of annoying that a few of us seem to be in the same issue. Ugghhh I was hoping factory reset would do it

JoanP
Community Member

I have retrained my voice. We are going to try factory reset tonight. It is only on one speaker. The rest decide I do exist

Pezza
Community Member

ok so my TV started playing up after i removed myself from the home saying something about personal results or settings cant remember 100% what the wording was. So i fixed that by going in to the google home app and changed the personal results. TV got fixed and thats when the hub started to recognize me.

So i went and did the same for my mum and the google hub now knows her.

I went in to the same settings for my dad and didnt change anything and now it knows him.

So maybe something with google personal results has changed in the back end.

Home set up not including phones as phones or other google active devices

• Google Nest Hub
  • Google Nest mini
  • Sony TV with android TV

3 people in the house. I will call them 1(me), 2 and 3.

Issue: Users 1, 2 and 3 was being recognized as user 3.

Things i did these aren't in any order and sometimes done more then once on the day.

Day 1

• Retrained voice  for users 1 and 2
  • Rebooted google hub
  • Factory reset google hub
  • **Gave up**

Day 2

• Retrained voice for users 1 and 2
  • Account left home for users 1 and 2
  • For a test i asked my TV who i am and the TV started saying about i needed to change settings to get personal results
  • Went in to assistant settings changed them TV went back to knowing user 1
  • ** Gave up ** it was late didn't check google hub as I didn't want to wake people in the house

Day 3

• checked to see if anything changed and found it knew user 1 but no one else
  • Couldn't be bothered trying things as I was getting frustrated

Day 4

• Checked again and same thing, it knew user 1 but not users 2 and 3

Got the idea about personal settings

• Went into user 2 personal settings in the google home app and changed the settings
  • Google hub knew who user 1 and 2 were
  • Went into user 3 personal settings didn't change anything
  • Google Hub knew who user 1 2 and 3 were.

Fixed

So maybe try looking at your personal settings in the assistant settings.

I think maybe google had a personal settings change in the backend but somethings didnt carry over with some people/devices.

Funny thing is, this issue started on my dads birthday and it was recognizing everyone as my dad, so if we said good morning, it would wish him a happy birthday.

JoanP
Community Member

Oh my. I can't believe what you have done. Smart speakers great when they work terrible when they break. I am being recognized today. I unplugged but yesterday and went to work with it unplugged. I then plugged it back in and by bedtime it recognized me. Fingers crossed it will keep