cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Hub 2 without Smarthome Control

HiggensH
Community Member

I have the following problem:
Suddenly there is only the "Rooms" tile under Smarthome control.
After clicking on it, a white screen appears. That was it. No devices, no rooms...
Everything is available and controllable in the Google Home app. Voice control on the hub also works.
What no longer works is the live stream of the Tapo camera. Restarting the hub and deleting the "Home" and then setting it up again has unfortunately not brought any improvement. It just seems as if the servers at Google are not providing the information for the Hub 2 correctly (in layman's terms :)).
Now I am at a loss and hope for a temporary error at Google.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

69 REPLIES 69

Ditto here.  I have posted it on several Google strings with slightly different titles in hopes that a solution will pop up.

meik87
Community Member

Same problem here. Really sad that there is no response from Google regarding this issue. 😞

HiggensH
Community Member

I have now received my replacement device. Unfortunately, same problem as before. Rooms and devices are not displayed.

That was somehow clear.

Michael_
Community Member

I have the same problem with the Nest Hub Max in Germany.

pat20
Community Member

Is this problem specific to Germany? I've read many replies from german users. Or are there affected users from other countries too?

HiggensH
Community Member

Also from Germay! 

Martin1337
Community Member

Ah, okay .... Also Germany here

Fabs20
Community Member

I'm glad that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue... 

No ringing yesterday on the inside via the speakers, but at least on my phone. Then I noticed that my doorbell is not visible on my Google Nest Hub anymore. Hope this will be fixed soon... 

aszyp
Community Member

Yes Germany as well. 

Fun fact. I was linking nest to Alexa in order to able to use echo devices. Immediately after enabling the connection I can hear the doorbell ringing on my nest hubs again! No camera image though. But it’s ringing again and telling me someone is at the door. WTF. 

Maybe it’s a coincidence, and a weird one, but it‘s working at the moment!

Fabs20
Community Member

maybe it was messed up because of the date yesterday 😄 

pat20
Community Member

This issue persists for over a week now, so definitely not related. 

Fabs20
Community Member

Google Nest Hub not showing the rooms is still ongoing, agreed.

The bell via speakers miraculously started working again this morning. 🤓 

Actually I can agree on this ... I wouldn't say it is 100% but I will keep an eye on the ringing information

But I can also confirm, that still no smart-home control in the hubs 

So maybe the oven and washer also notify that they are done again. I haven't tested it today. Yesterday it still didn't work. 

I can report that the oven and the washer probably too, notify me when they are done. That is at least something.. 

But the hubs are still bugged.. 😕

thebang2
Community Member

A lot of people from germany seems to be affected - someone outside also?

Edit: Germany as well.

Masterhenky
Community Member

Also affected since today. My sister had the issue for two weeks or a bit more. Both Germany as well. 

Martin1337
Community Member

So i can now confirm, that the doorbell rings 100% inside. 

Maybe this update here was the reason we have the problems OR this update will maybe help - not sure when the release is or if it already was

-> https://fuchsia.dev/whats-new/release-notes/f16

Edit:

My nest doorbell 2nd gen battery is only 1 week and then empty ... Before that it was 3 weeks ... Not sure if it is new or sth wrong 

PIIWizard
Community Member

Update on my efforts.

Google came back the the re-boot, re-set, re-install, recommendation.  And the followed up with an offer to replace the Hub Max.  Below is the conversation:

Sergio,

Do you read Google Nest Community?

Replacement was already done with another person and it did not work.  Replacement had the same problem.

Spend some time in the community, it is clear that the problem is now localized to Germany and that the problem started on the same date for everyone.

What ever the problem is  (suspected is some sort of update) initiated by Google and is not caused by the equipment in the field.

Getting frustrated,

John

Von:Google

Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. März 2024 12:18
An: #
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: [0-6090000036374] Your Google Support Inquiry

Hello John, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Nest Customer Care Team.

Because I can offered you a replacement but we need to check it, please send me the serial number of your device. 

For your reference your case number is 0-6090000036374. If you need more help, you can contact us again and reference this case number or reply to this email to reopen your case.

Have a new question? There are lots of ways to get back in touch with us below.

Thank you,

Sergio

It is just hilarious that we have done more investigation on that topic than Google itself and it wasn't even hard to do.. 

Thank you for letting us know and for the effort. 

I guess that means we can't count on Google that they will fix it. We just have to wait until it will be fixed on its own... 🙄

DanielM77
Community Member

Hi everybody, had the same problems for about two weeks in Germany with my Nest Hub 2 and my doorbell not ringing on my Nest Hub. Since the update to Fuchsia 16 a few days ago the doorbell ringing and notification was back. Since yesterday also the devices in Home Control tab are back. So for me everything seems to work fine again. 

My Hub ist running on Fuchsia 16.20231130.3.59

You are right, for me it is working again too!

Can confirm, no more issues for me since today.  

Germany, Nest Hub 2nd Gen, Google Doorbell and Nest Cams all working fine. 

pat20
Community Member

Yes, finally working again. 

Still a shame, they didn't address the issue here, with so many German users ( if not all) affected.  

We can only hope this never happens again, but it's Google so you never know. 

PIIWizard
Community Member

All is working now.  They updated Fuchsia to version Fuchsia 16.20231130.3.59  and everything is working. 6Mar 2024 12:25 MEZ

Martin1337
Community Member

Finally .... Thank ALL of you who were vocal here and gave feedback. Whatever happened maybe because of us or not - but it felt good to have you guys here trying to figure it out together.

Thanks a lot and hopefully no more such issues 🙏🏻

Bolldude
Community Member

It's working now! ❤️ By the way I contacted the support a few days ago and they said that this issue is known and worked on. I added a picture of the home control screen, so that's how he knew which bug I was talking about. 🙂 Here's the original and translation 😃👌

M Hallo! Willkommen beim

google_home-Support.

Mein Name ist Martin.

geht es Ihnen heute?

Martin 2:10 PM

Hallo, ganz gut 🙂 Ich habe seit

ein paar Wochen einen ziemlich

schwerwiegenden Bug bei

meinem Nest Hub Gen2 bemerkt.

2:11 PM

M wir wissen von diesen Bug und

arbeiten daran um es bald zu

beheben.

Martin 2:13 PM

Oh, achso! Dann ist alles gut

Ich wusste nicht, ob das

bekannt ist. Dann muss ich ja nur

warten.

English

M Hello! Welcome to Google Home

support. My name is Martin.

How are you doing today?

Martin 2:10 PM

Hi, I'm doing well 🙂 I've noticed

a pretty serious bug on my

Nest Hub Gen2 for a few weeks

now.

2:11 PM

M We are aware of this bug and

are working on fixing it soon.

Martin 2:13 PM

Oh, I see! Then it's all good

I didn't know if it was known.

Then I just have to wait.

What amazes me is that all Google people are not on the same sheet of music.  My contact person wanted to replace one of my three hubs (and guaranteed it would solve the problem) as late as this morning. But it appears your contact person was not only aware of the problem but knew it was being worked on. Google needs to look at their internal communication system.

Michael_
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I can confirm that with Fuchsia-Version 16.20231130.3.59 the “Smart-Home-Steuerung” works again on my Nest Hub Max.

aszyp
Community Member

Finally. It’s working again. Thanks to all who participated! It was a pleasure.