I added a Nest Mini to my Google Home account to serve two purposes: stream music, and notify me when my Nest Doorbell (battery) rings.
It does neither. The doorbell itself issues a ding-dong, but the Nest Mini is silent. I added Apple Music to my Google Home services to enable AirPlay, but the Nest Mini does not appear on my possible set of devices.
I’m located in the US; I bought the speaker directly from Google. During setup it informed me it was not configured for the US and so the WiFi might not work. I don’t know why Google would sell me something not made for the US, but it did.
Related case number 6-8392000033848.
If Google Nest sold you a Nest Mini manufactured for another country, you could consider contacting Support (https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp?hl=en). You could also wait for a Google Nest Community Specialist to post a "form" on this thread. I'd suggest you request a NEW replacement, NOT a refurbished unit, as they usually do, since this is clearly a Google Nest shipping mistake, where they shipped you a unit that THEY say is unsuitable for the US.
This 2018 post said that Nest Minis manufactured for certain countries cannot connect to Wi-Fi channels above certain frequencies:
Thanks for sharing details about the issue. I appreciate @MplsCustomer for helping here.
To confirm, are you having issues connecting your phone via Bluetooth on your Nest Mini? What type of Nest doorbell do you have (battery operated or wired)? Also, could you send a picture of the specific message that you've got during the set up?
By the way, I already checked the case ID that you've provided and issue escalated was about the issue on Bluetooth connection.
1. the BT connection is unstable: it fails after 15 seconds consistently.
2. the Mini should serve as a chime for the Google Nest Doorbell (Battery). if the mic is off, the Mini does not sound at all. if the mic is on, the Mini will sound about 30% of the time. I expect 100% reliability. and before you ask, they are on the same network under the same house in the Google Home app.
3. my Google Nest Mini reports it was not made for my country (screenshot attached). I am in the US and I purchased it directly from Google, not a grey market third party.
Thanks for the information. Let's address the issue one at a time. For Bluetooth issues, does it happen to all of your devices connected to the Nest Mini via Bluetooth? How far is your device from the Nest Mini while connected to Bluetooth?
For doorbell notification, please toggle on/off "Do Not Disturb" on the Google Home app. Follow the steps below to know-how:
Regarding the message that you got during set up. I'll check that with the team first then update you once I know more.
1. yes, to my iPhone, Mac, and iPad when I’m sitting about 2 feet away.
2. I’ve been through the troubleshooting instructions about 5 times now — I reached out only after I had found they were useless. I’ve done a factory reset and a re-add of the device to the network. My router is a Google Nest Pro, and the Google Home app has no problem finding either the Mini or the Doorbell; they just have repeated problems finding each other.
3. let me know which country I should move to so it’s correct.
I appreciate the quick response. Since all troubleshooting steps have been exhausted, please fill out this form with all the needed information then let me know once done. Also, please leave the settings on your speaker for now as we want to take a look at it further.
Sorry to hear that. Could you share the case ID so I can check it? @MplsCustomer is right, you should receive an email with all the instructions together with the shipping label that you need to print and attach to the box to return it.