cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to play YouTube music via voice command

Kayay
Community Member

When I use the voice command "Google play some music" Google responds "sure music on YouTube music here you go - sorry something went wrong - when you are ready give it another try".

YouTube subscription is active. This suddenly started happening. Has been no problems for the last year or so doing this and nothing has changed at my end.. Not working on either Google nests or Google mini.

I Am able to stream YouTube music to all devices via Android phone.

3 REPLIES 3

twittel
Community Member

This could be a recent update bug, or a new app you installed.  When this happens to me, I do a Google Home app "force stop", clear cache (but not storage), and then I reset my speakers, and my wifi router.  After all that, it works as expected (for me).  

Kayay
Community Member

Thanks, I have just tried the steps you suggested and unfortunately it hasn't fixed the problem.

Kayay
Community Member

Okay so I have found a workaround for my problem. I factory reset Google mini. Downloaded Google home on my iPad. Added Google mini and relinked other google devices via Google home on iPad.

Concluded that the problem may be a conflict associated with Android/Google update.