Once again, Google Assistant is getting even worse. It's been 10 months since the trouble with GA started with my Hub turning off randomly and the wrong device answering occasionally. Over the months, my Google nest, Hub, phone, and all devices have slowly continued to have more and more problems. It's like a software glitch, or a worm working itself deeper and deeper into the software.
I have tried literally everything; restarting my Hub, resetting it, resetting my Hub and Nest, resetting my router, and finally, uninstalling all software and all devices and starting all over again from the beginning. Nothing has helped whatsoever. It only continues to get worse. I see other people here who say the same thing, but they're also not given an answer.
My latest problem to arise on this mess of a system is that my phone now also answers at the same time as my Hub. It gives a suggestion as to what it could do for me. For example, "you can say, 'play a YouTube video'". My phone doesn't actually speak, it just puts the words up on my phone. My hub and nest don't speak either, so it's just a crapshoot as to which one(s) will answer. If my hub answers, my phone also often does and now is following through with its "suggestion". Up until yesterday it was just showing the suggestion. If my Nest answers, it's not following through with the suggestion...yet. I figure it's only a matter of time.
I wonder whether this is an issue for customers with Android phones. With iPhones, we never have this issue.
I found this Google Help page, but don't know whether it is relevant to your situation or not: