cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Radio app suddenly stopped working

Tee_2024
Community Member

Radio stations no longer playing via radioapp on Google nest home. Was working yesterday and last night. Constantly receive message somethings gone wrong try again. 

Have plugged and unplugged twice however still not working.  Also doesn’t work on the other mini nest speakers. 

Has anyone else had issues recently? I’m based in Sydney Australia

46 REPLIES 46

pjg351
Community Member

not working for me either

meeagain
Community Member

Same thing in Melbourne not working on any radio stations , fix it Google and stop telling us to reset or any other generic response  etc. it's your end not ours

GeoffS
Community Member

Yes. Today I am having the same problem and receiving the same message. Last night it was working normally.

I have checked all the settings and powered off and back on. Still no radio and still the same message. I am also in Sydney.

Moolap
Community Member

Not working in Geelong since last night

robbauer921
Community Member

Same thing happening for me as well in Brisbane.  I have been using TuneIn or iHeart Radio as a workaround (i.e. Hey Google, play ABC Radio via TuneIn).  Of course TuneIn and iHeart radio don't have all of the stations that Radio App has, but may are there.

robbauer921
Community Member

Radio App working again now in Brisbane

I'm on the North side and its not working here. 

cdinoz007
Community Member

Not working here either. No TripleM, no 2GB. Was working last night as was streaming the cricket on TripleM. Today, it just says "something is wrong"

Several users on the Google Home FB Aussie group also reporting its not working

Teamhails
Community Member

Hey, 

like wise….

maybe a fix is coming!!! 

GeoffreyD
Community Member

Same in Adelaide. Reset did nothing. FIX IT GOOGLE! 

BrisGuy1516
Community Member

Not working In Brisbane Either. 
You can say "Hey Google report a fault"  Then tell it that Radio App is not working. 

Einswald
Community Member

Melbourne, not working tried Gold FM and Fox

PrinceStanmore
Community Member

Exactly the same for me. Was working yesterday, not working at all today. Tried numerous resets and checked settings, no obvious reason. Seems to be only RadioApp not working with the Google mini, iHeart Radio works, so does my Spotify. I’m in Sydney.

It’s now up and working again for me in Sydney

Just tried & it works for me now as well! 

PKelly
Community Member

No stations in Melbourne working. 

Cheza
Community Member

Radio not working in Western Australian either, on all my devices.  Google mini, Google Nest. Was working until last night. Have tried all the trouble shooting ideas. 

VeronicaD
Community Member

Mine too stopped working 24 hrs ago, and I have been working on it ever since. We like to listen to FiveAA 1395 I. Adelaide.

Deleted Google home, then reinstated and readied all Google nests and Lenovo clock, still nothing. But…..then I asked Google to play 1395 on ‘TUNE IN’ app - and it worked.

I can also ask google to play 102.3 on ‘IHEART RADIO’ app and that too worked.

so I gather ‘ RADIO’ app no longer works!

Cheza
Community Member

Thanks for the help. I have tried this with Iheartradio app, it is working now with this. Thanyou so much. Google obviously have stopped radio working. 

Ria5
Community Member

Not working for me in Melbourne since two days ago. Switched off GN and reset same issue.

Please fix Google!

RT-vic
Community Member

Yep, not working in SE Melbourne either...

Shellstar
Community Member

Yes I have noticed that as well a.m. and FM neither are working I have two google homes neither will work very odd as my Google Chrome is working🤔🤔🙃 I’m Gippsland Victoria 

Marzy12
Community Member

Not working for me either 🤦‍♀️

Acemmett
Community Member

Glad I'm not alone, but would rather it just worked

likewise! 

Jude46
Community Member

Not working for me either! 

johnlisle
Community Member

If you tell it to play the station with iHeart radio, that works.
The routine I had setup stopped working. I did somme testing today with it and using iHeart radio works.
e.g. "Hey google, play triple M with iHeart radio"

Not working for me. It either plays some stupid music playlist, which isnt TripleM - or it randomly selects a radio station which I havent asked for (currently 106.7 Lite FM!!)

I tried this for one of the am stations and it didn’t work 

Captmark
Community Member

Yep me too and my daughters house aswell.

At a guess I'd say a flawed update by Google or the app.

Ieb
Community Member

Yep here in Sydney as well 

Einswald
Community Member

Just started working again? Literally did nothing. 

Ditto! 

meeagain
Community Member

Same in Melbourne it's up again and working

Jude46
Community Member

Same in Brisbane!  Suddenly started working again!

cdinoz007
Community Member

Yes,  back working again! Sydney.

Kim24
Community Member

Yep. It's been driving me nuts. Google nest telling me to try again later. Also can't listen to those same radio stations via my phone on my walks using mobile data either.

Very frustrating. 

CarolAM
Community Member

Not working for me either, since this morning.  Brisbane. 
disappointing! 

Tee_2024
Community Member

Noted that it has started working again for some members. Just tried and it now works for me. I didn’t apply any troubleshooting !