cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recipe Next Step/Ingredient Command doesn't work

jesuismoi7
Community Member

When using Google Home Mini to cook, it has become pretty useless. I send the recipe from my phone, it starts to read it, gets through the first step or ingredient, can continue on to the next if I ask before it stops listening. But if it stops listening, when I then say "Ok/Hey Google, next ingredient" it either doesn't understand, or finds a recipe with the word "ingredient" in the title. If I say "Ok/Hey Google, next step" it finds Places with the word "next" or "step" in the title. This has been going on for months now, with both of my speakers.

85 REPLIES 85

yeah its junk for what i want to use it as.. now i just put on music/videos when i do dishes

as far as does apple have something better.. unfortunately, for how flawed it is, Google is the best assistant of the big 3.  its a low bar clearly.

Rhinocles
Community Member

Hoping Google pays attention to this thread. I tell everyone not to by a Nest hub for cooking in the meantime.

Yaken
Community Member

Pretty please fix this. Or at least give more frequent status on it. Like many others, this feature was a big reason I switched off the other platform when I decided to go to screen assistants. It has never worked once. And you continue to market it as a feature. It looks like it's been going on for two years now!

Badmuffin357
Community Member

My solution: I guess for THIS Christmas I'll be ditching ALL GOOGLE products and go elsewhere!

ChrisSnell
Community Member

I have the same problem has anybody found a solution. Used to work fine

Dj3
Community Member

I haven't found a solution. Still doesn't work like it did. I did like the solution someone else had of getting rid of the google products in my home and changing to the "other". You know the one. ( 😉 )