cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sky news has no sound on Google nest

Nomo_cane
Community Member

I'm based in the UK (if that matters) and have no issues with sound on my Google nest, apart from when trying to play sky news (which Google chooses as default news, so if I ask for just 'news' , sky plays) - it plays the video but no sound at all.

I've seen older posts about this but they've been closed so I'm starting a new one. It's been the case for a month or so now. It's no biggy for me really as I'm happy with any news channel and will just ask for BBC, but Google shouldn't have their default news channel not work properly, so why not let them know it's an issue. 

56 REPLIES 56

perelson
Community Member

I'd hate to jinx it (and it will probably break again soon) but at the moment, my news routine on my google nest has been working! I have sound on Sky news and I have video on the relevant news podcasts. This has been working for about 2 days now. I thought I should post positive things as well as negative!

It's very intermittent. This morning there was no sound on Sky news again. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

CharlieSage
Community Member

I had no problems until like 3 weeks ago. No sound with Sky news, not even in the weekend 😉

Mariux
Community Member

And today it just skipped Sky News altogether... 

Marius Cucuruz

Burger12
Community Member

Same, skipped Sky news. 

What other options are best to use for video news? 

Mariux
Community Member

Today it just skipped Sky News altogether (after announcing it)...

Can't help but think this is an issue on Google's part and, seeing just how long people have been discussing this, it's rather disrespectful of them to keep ignoring us.

Marius Cucuruz

RBrian
Community Member

Hey Google.  Are you going to help us ?

And I must add that when you ask questions like ...

"Is this still ongoing"

Or . Is this just with sky news ...

Shows your not reading the thread.  

Please assist. 

Mariux
Community Member

Don't know about everyone else, but I'm gonna just give all my googooloo devices for free, and switch to something that works. Well done, Google! This has been going on long enough. 

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Speakers-and-Displays/Sky-news-has-no-sound-on-Google-nest/m-...

Marius Cucuruz

Mariux
Community Member

Yeah, this has been going on long enough. ...  I'm gonna just giveaway all my googooloo devices for free! Cheers Google! 

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Speakers-and-Displays/Sky-news-has-no-sound-on-Google-nest/m-...

Marius Cucuruz

UserBot
Community Member

I have same issue,  I say Good morning Google, it says good morning Dean. Here is your local news, starts with sky news and then silence.  I have restarted, kept  able out and factory reset and nothing still mo sound. 

Teresadr
Community Member

I have this problem too. Rebooting doesn't fix it. Sky worked fine on my Nest until a few weeks ago. 

UserBot
Community Member

Sky news simply has stopped working. Why doesn't Google just drop the news company from its platform 

andewah
Community Member

Its July and its still not working.  Hello Google?

Awalsh
Community Member

25th August and I'm having this same issue. Very disappointed to read the whole thread and have no valuable input or solution from Google 

cnschulz
Community Member

Same here, although given its just Sky News, it might not be Google's problem. I'll reach out to sky and see what happens 

danknews
Community Member

It's on purpose. This is a soft block and they do it all the time under the guise of "Digital Wellbeing" to content they deem risky. 

Hobbs
Community Member

Issue still exists.

Seems an issue on Sky's side as it's only them.