cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Speaker Group not working properly for casting

PeteS68
Community Member

When I cast music to a particular speaker group, a Nest Hub device which is included in the group is "dropped" (and no music coming from it). I can manually re-add it via Google Home while the app is casting, resulting in the music properly playing on all devices in the group. But then the app running the music is disengaged from the cast (shows as not casting). So I can no longer control the music playing on the group from the app.

3 REPLIES 3

Zappos
Community Member

Snap. Since Google completed messed up speaker groupings due to the legal action, I've suffered this too. Completely removed all my old groups, setup a single new one and added some devices include a couple that now can only be added to one group {big sigh}. Same thing happens, cast to the group, all the speakers other than the two that can only be in one group, play. I then have to add the two. This is very frustrating. How Google expect to keep their customer base is beyond me.

PeteS68
Community Member

Thank you! I was unaware of this lawsuit. In looking, I see now that due to the lawsuit, certain devices can only belong to a single speaker group. This is probably my issue (although, in testing, I cannot quite figure out why). 

Zappos
Community Member

Google have said that anyone with existing groups with these devices in will be unaffected but that rubbish. All mine started exhibiting the behaviour you mention 😞