cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sonos v Google v Customers

SkepticallyQuee
Community Member

Hi all,

It's been over 6 months since the US International Trade Commission (ITC) found that Google had infringed upon Sonos' parents relating to Nest Audio, Chromecast, and Pixel.

6 months and no fix.

I spoke with a very nice person from the Nest team today at 855.971.9121 (in case you want the number). I explained that I purchased large quantities of Google Homes, Google Home Minis, Google Home Maxes, and Nest Audio devices for use throughout my house, and that I bought them with the understanding that they would work in a certain fashion. They no longer work in that way.

It's been 6 months.

The very nice gentleman assured me that the Nest team was working on a fix, but it takes time.

6 months.

I explained that a responsible company would have begun planning for all eventualities once the patent dispute began 2 years prior. A responsible company would have had a fix ready on Day 1 post-ruling, because a responsible company would care about their customers and champions.

It's been 2 years and 6 months.

I consider myself a Google Champion because my experience with the company, until recently, has been positive. I've enjoyed the community, the products, the quirkiness of Android. I've literally owned every Nexus and Pixel device since 2008, and I taught myself to code with the Android hacker/ROM community back in the Wild Wild West days of the OS.

2 years and 6 months.

This is no longer about patents or lawsuits flying between Sonos and Google (if, indeed, it really ever was). This is a conscious business decision. Google is choosing to prioritize posturing or inventory clearing far above fixing our Home Maxes or Nest Audios.     \tin_foil_hat

Imagine: 2.5 years.

I, for one, am tired of excuses. I purchased items from Google under false pretenses, period. I was sold on the functionality of being able to control my devices en masse—a functionality that no longer exists. I don't know about you, but I consider this false advertising... especially considering Google was defending their use of that functionality in an ultimately fruitless court battle.

2.5 years, or about 925 days.

It is beyond time to seek compensation from Google for their inability or ineptitude. They've had plenty of time to solve this problem, but it's abundantly clear they have not made the satisfaction of their customers a priority. Indeed, it's not even satisfaction. It's asking for core functionality that was advertised as a key selling point.

2 years and 6 months.

I'm finding a lawyer. DM me if you want info or have good ideas. I can be found on Twitter @QueerAtheist.

It's beyond time for the consumers to stand up to Google.

-MGH

P.S.- Mods, I tried very hard to keep to the community guidelines. Please let me know if I missed something and I'll gladly fix it. My intent is not malicious, but an attempt to start a conversation with Google about the frustration of their most loyal users.

0 REPLIES 0