I received two google nest speakers for Christmas and am unable to connect either of them. I get to the point of almost connect then get the error message “
The operation couldn't be completed.
(KGSKErrorDomain error -83905.)”
i have searched this and have tried everything suggested to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. At a total loss. 🤦♀️
I have the same issue with a device I previously had connected to my home network. It wouldn’t work as it kept telling me to “log in on my app” when I already was. Now I keep getting this domain error message when trying to reconnect back to the original wireless network it was already connected to.
Hello JBelanger! I have been struggling with this same exact issue with a nest speaker I got for my birthday last May. I had it working already on my home network but then haven’t used it since summer. When trying to reconfigure it, I kept getting this same error until I made a new personal gmail account. It evidently had something to do with the permission settings on my email account that I use for work. So I’d suggest you might want to try it with a different or new gmail account? See if that helps because once I did that installation/setup went thru without a hitch.
@JillG, thanks for the help.
@JBelanger, @JoeT18431, @JoeTheo18431, we're truly sorry if you're experiencing this kind of concern and we'll do our best to find the solution but first, a few questions: are you using your own personal account on your Google Home app? Are all your devices on the same Wi-Fi network? If you don't mind me asking, what troubleshooting steps have you done before posting? It would help a lot if you could do a sequential reboot first. Unplug the power cord of your router followed by your Nest speakers. Plug them back in after 3 minutes or 5 minutes tops. Restarting your phone might also help.
Keep us posted.
Hey Dan…. Thanks for your post! I did all of the things you mentioned: i.e. router restart, unplug and re-plug, check wireless settings, etc. I fixed my issue by making a new gmail and did not use the account I use for work (I’m a teacher). Evidently there are permissions set on that account via my employer that the nest speaker did not like. Once I did that, it set itself up immediately.
Thanks! Hope this helps someone else because it’s truly frustrating following directions to the letter and being met with constant errors.
Just one quick final follow up since activity has slowed down. We'll be locking the thread in the next 24 hours, but if you still need help, I would be happy to keep it open. If there's more we can do, just let me know.