cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unable to play TalkRadio

Krispy
Community Member

Hi there, I have a variety of google home devices but can no long play TalkRadio (on TuneIn) on any device. I have been playing this station for many months but google has stopped recognising it. The station is still showing on TuneIn. Help!

1 Recommended Answer

Kadven
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Hi @Flatcap007 

Have you tried creating the routine with the specific words 'Play talkradio from tunein' as suggested in my previous post? This may work for you.

View Recommended Answer in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Kadven
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

HI @Krispy 

Don't know if this helps, but spoke the command 'hey google play Talkradio' to my nest audio speakers and it started playing a heavy metal track by a similar name from Spotify.

Then tried the full phrase of 'hey google play Talkradio from Tunein' and it worked correctly.

Krispy
Community Member

Hi Kadven

This is the same problem I have, google plays almost random stuff, the full phrase using Tunein does appear to work some of the time if I say it enough times!! Many thanks for your help.

Kadven
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

HI @Krispy 

One solution, or possibly workaround, is if you regularly listen to Talkradio is to create a short personal routine to initiate Talkradio.

Create a routine called Talkradio with a starter of 'When I say to my Assistant' of 'Talk', then with a single action through 'Try adding your own' of 'Play Talkradio from Tunein'.  Once saved simply saying 'Hey google talk' should initiate the routine and play the radio station. Obviously you can use any word as a starter but try to use a word that cannot be misinterpreted as something else.

Flatcap007
Community Member

My Google smart speakers no longer recognises TalkRadio which is annoying, works perfect with LBC and BBC4. Is there a solution or fix which you know of! I've tried adding Tunein but that doesn't work either 

Kadven
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Hi @Flatcap007 

Have you tried creating the routine with the specific words 'Play talkradio from tunein' as suggested in my previous post? This may work for you.

Krispy
Community Member

Hi Kadven

I have tried the routine and it is hit and miss, however speaking the exact words 'play TalkRadio FROM Tunein' does work. Thank you very much for your help.

Freezin
Community Member

You don't even need to create a routine. The phrase "Hey Google, play Talk radio from Tunein" works.

Mowgley
Community Member

I was going barmy trying to get Nest Mini to play Talk Radio and tried every combo but it insisted on playing me music which I guess has the title of Talk Radio. Anyway, just added ' from tune-in' and Bingo! Thanks so much.

I tried asking it to ‘play talk radio from tune in’ as you suggested and it worked for 2 days but it won’t now.

Kadven
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Hi @Lambrettagirl 

I have often found that occasionally the system seems to be a bit erratic in responding to spoken phrases especially for longer phrases. Then 10 minutes later it is all fine again.

Have you tried creating a personal routine with a single action of the 'Try adding your own' type of ''Play talkradio from tunein'.

Then give the routine a starter of 'When you say to your assistant' the single word 'Talk'.

Once saved, just saying to google 'Hey google Talk' should initiate that routine and start playing Talk Radio. No absolute guarantee that it will always work, but may be a bit more reliable than having to say the full phrase of 'Hey google play talk radio from tunein' every time.

Kadven
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Hi @Freezin 

That is correct, it's just a bit easier to have to say just one word than the whole phrase 'Talk radio from Tunein' every time if you use that particular radio station a lot.

I tend to create routines initiated by a single word for anything that I regularly use, but of course it is completely up to an individuals own choice.