cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unable to reactivate Nest Mini

TenleyH
Community Member

I have a nest mini which at some point in the last few months dropped off my Wi-Fi. I was unable to get it re-added so removed it from my home and now cannot read it. When I try to set it up in the Google home app, it directs me to use the device utility app to activate it. The device utility app sees the device and connects to it, I select my Wi-Fi network, and hear the connection sound but then get an error "could not communicate with your nest mini". I've restarted both the device and my phone. As long as I leave the nest mini plugged in, it occasionally tells me that it is unable to connect to the Wi-Fi and check my settings in the Google home app

5 REPLIES 5

sickday33
Community Member

Same here man they bricked our devices ffs 

TenleyH
Community Member

I did a factory reset of the device but same problem

TenleyH
Community Member

I reached out to support via Chat and was able to get it working again.

First the problem got worse, I wasn't even getting as far as selecting my wifi. Here are the steps we took:

• Factory reset the device again
  • Force close the Google Home and Device Utility app
  • Open Device Utility, turn off wifi at the prompt, let it find the device.
  • When it finds the device and has a "start" button to start setup, turn wifi back on (this screen)
  • Go through the setup. It should activate the device now and direct you back to Google Home
  • My device was already set up, it was showing up at the very bottom of the app under "Other Devices" so I just had to add it to a room

If this doesn't help you I encourage you to reach out to Google support! I've always had luck with them

ramit
Community Member

Had 3 devices that were showing the need to activate error. Got on with customer support and they offered to send replacement devices but I pushed further because I don't want these devices to end up in trash. They said I could try it with a non Pixel phone as Device Utility app is needed to activate them but that is not available on Pixel phones for whatever reason. So tried it on a Samsung tablet and it worked.

TenleyH
Community Member

The steps I posted above were done on a Pixel phone. I was able to get the Device Utility app on a Pixel 6 and 3a