cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unable to setup Nest Audio using a Pixel 5a phone

Paulgjackson
Community Member

Not sure what is going on but when I try to setup a brand new Nest Audio out of the box the Google Home app on my Pixel 5a says Nest Audio found. It needs to be activated before setup. and the only options are to go to the help center which doesn't help or to click "not now" and abandon the setup.

It seems based on some posts on Reddit that I need a non Pixel device to setup the speaker which is just ludicrous and I have no other device to do this, no other phone or tablet.

Even if I did have another device and managed to get through setup would using my Pixel prohibit any management of the speaker & settings?

Thank you for any suggestions

1 Recommended Answer

Paulgjackson
Community Member

Thank you for the reply.  I borrowed an Android tablet that I was able to use to setup the speaker.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cathal_S
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi there,

Depending on where you live the official advice is different. Please follow the instructions from the blog post linked below.

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/Heads-Up-Device-Activation/ba-p/176077 

Regards,
Cathal

Paulgjackson
Community Member

Thank you for the reply.  I borrowed an Android tablet that I was able to use to setup the speaker.