cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wake word or choose device

Dswatson83
Community Member

I NEED to be able to change the wake words on my devices!!! Everything in my home has Google built in and I want to be able to set the wake word on each device so I don't light up the world when I'm asking a question on my phone or have my Google home answer when I am just using my phone or have my Sonos in the other room do something crazy lol. I have too many devices and need to pick which one responds to me. How can I do this without custom wake words on each device! 

1 Recommended Answer

Cathal_S
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi,

Currently the only two wake words that can be used are "Hey Google" or "Ok Google" and these can not be set for different devices.

Please also leave feedback for the Google Nest team requesting that you would like to see this feature introduced.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7071494 

Regards,

Cathal

Regards,
Cathal

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cathal_S
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi,

Currently the only two wake words that can be used are "Hey Google" or "Ok Google" and these can not be set for different devices.

Please also leave feedback for the Google Nest team requesting that you would like to see this feature introduced.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7071494 

Regards,

Cathal

Regards,
Cathal

Hilary
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey there, 
Just wanted to jump in here to check to make sure that you saw our response. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours.

Have a great day!

Hilary

Hilary

Hey Folks.

We haven't heard any updates from you. I'll go ahead and lock this thread. If you're still experiencing problems, feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.

Best Regards,
Hilary