cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Youtube Account

addisongepfert
Community Member

I ordered a Google Nest through my gmail account which is linked to my YouTube account. My husband has his own separate YouTube account that we would like to access on the nest but we are unable to switch to his account. Is it possible to have two separate YouTube accounts connected to 1 nest? If so, how do we set this up? If not, how do we switch to his youtube account?

5 REPLIES 5

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

It's a Google account , not a YouTube account.  

You would invite your husband into the "home" Google account .  

Instructions are here https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9155535?hl=en-CA

He has his own account on the "home" Google account. His is actually the main account holder and I was invited to join the home.

Okay..so setup the nest thermostat using his account, which will give you access then.  If already setup on yours , remove it, reset, and resetup 🙂 

He set up the nest so I assume it was set up under his account. Is it possible to have both of our accounts linked to the nest?

The Nest Thermostat lives in the "Home" that was setup in the Google home app.. The home will have managers which have access to the thermostat.  When he goes into the home app, clicks settings, does he see both your accounts under your home at the top? If so you would both have access to the thermostat.