In the last week Google Home has started prompting me for confirmation whenever I ask it to play "BBC Radio 6 Music" or "BBC 6 Music" on my devices. Not a real issue except that it also happens with my Routines so instead of being woken up by the soothing tones of Lauren Laverne I now get woken by Google asking me questions when I'm still half asleep. At this point it feels like every week is a step backward with Google Home as there are more and more idiosyncrasies
Yep, same for me. Routine also broken like yourself. It also now doesn't recognise if you ask it to play it on a different device, it always plays it on the device that answered. ALSO; If you ask it to "move the music to xxx", this used to work, but now it say it will move it, but fails to do so!
GOOGLE PLEASE FIX!
Same problems !
Asks if I want to play radio but won't play on the all the speakers in the group and only plays on the one I speak to!
Have reset the devices and re-created groups all to no avail....
Google please fix!
@AndrewConner, @LeeCotton, @Jobtrac2000, this is not the experience we wanted you to have, let me help you. A few things: which Nest speakers are we working with? When did your issue begin? Were there any recent changes made?
It would help a lot if you could do a sequential reboot first:
Also, to isolate further, could you recreate the issue by having your Google Assistant app on your phone play radio? Tell me how it goes.
Hi , thanks for reaching out.
Firstly, device info. This happens across all my Google Home devices, both Google Mini v1 @ 2 and an original Google Home (all on Firmware 324896, Cast Firmware 1.56.324896, some on Preview programme, some not.
- When I ask any speaker to "Play BBC Radio 6 Music" on a speaker group - whether only speakers or inc Chromecast - it replies with the above "I think you want to play radio, is that right". If I reply "No" it replies "OK, I wasn't sure". If I say "Yes" then it will play whatever the last radio station I streamed was, sometimes 6 Music and sometimes LBC, another UK radio station which I occasionally stream.
- When I ask it to play on an individual speaker, it plays without hesitation.
- When I have a command in an automation to play BBC Radio 6 Music, I recieve the same question as when trying to play on a speaker group, however when I try to run the automation manually from my phone it returns a search on my phone for BBC Radio 6 Music
- When I ask a speaker to play BBC Radio 6 Music on a CCwGTV, it usually plays a random playlist or album from YouTube Music on the CCwGTV (anything from my "Scottish Music" playlist to "Edit music for a film" by UNKLE. Absolutely random and nothing that sounds like "BBC Radio 6 Music"
- When I ask my phone (Android 12) to "play BBC Radio 6 Music" it responds with "Apple Music isn't installed on your device. You can install Apple Music to start listening. The onscreen transcription shows that it recognises what I'm saying
- When I ask my phone to "play BBC Radio 6 Music on <insert speaker or group> it flips between "I'm sorry I don't understand" and displaying search results on my phone
- It's also worth noting that when I try "BBC Radio 1", "Radio 1", "KEXP" or "LBC" I also experience various combinations of the above so not solely a 6 Music issue
This all worked perfectly until early last week
Attempts to resolve
- Resetting Google Homes
- Resetting router
- Recreating Routine
- Recreating speaker groups
- Moving speakers in and out of Preview Programme
Hope this helps. If you need me to try anything else please let me know
Thanks for updating the thread. To confirm, are you having the same issues playing music on your speakers group? What is the firmware version of your devices?
Also, since all troubleshooting steps have been exhausted please fill out this form with all the needed information so we can further check what's going on with your device.
Let me know once done.
We got your form — thanks for filling it out. Keep your lines open as our team will reach out to you via email anytime soon. We will wait for others to fill out the form too.
I hope this doesn't mean you are also closing the ticket I raised. It's evident here that this is a widespread issue and not something that only affects me so should still be investigated as a Problem and not an Incident
@AndrewConner, Thanks for the response. No worries, your case is still open, and you will be assisted by our support team for further help.
@Jobtrac2000, We got your form — thanks for filling it out. Our team will reach out to you via email anytime soon. Please continue the conversation there, as this thread will be locked after 24 hours.