cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest / Home not linking my devices with my email account

pryce007
Community Member

I'm reaching out for assistance with a persistent issue I've been facing regarding my Google Home/Nest devices. Despite having my Gmail account linked to two structures in the US, none of my IoT devices are showing up. However, I have a multitude of devices linked to four structures in Canada that are also not appearing on my account.

The problem exacerbates when Nest representatives request access to my account to troubleshoot, often leading to delays or premature termination of the assistance I'm seeking. Some representatives have even refused to assist because they couldn't see my devices.

To overcome this hurdle, I've reluctantly resorted to using the TechSee app, which mirrors my phone screen for the representative to view the devices. However, this feels invasive, especially considering I'm fairly tech-savvy.

This issue has persisted for years, but it has become particularly frustrating since Google rolled out a new firmware update. I'm bombarded with notifications claiming my Nest Yale lock and doorbell camera are offline, even when they're not.

Recently, I was asked to send screenshots via email to higher-level customer support. Unfortunately, the email got buried in replies and went unnoticed for weeks, resulting in the closure of my request due to security concerns.

I've reopened the ticket [6-2307000035618] for assistance, providing the requested screenshots, but it's been over a week without any response.

I'm reaching out to the community for any advice or assistance in resolving this issue. Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Any suggestions on how to escalate this matter effectively with Google/Nest support?

Your help and insights would be greatly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0