cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to remove smart plug from Google Home

Si
Community Member

Hi

I've recently had a failure with one of my smart plugs. It was used to power lights on and off, and I named it "cube".

Recently the plug developed a fault and became unusable. I've therefore swapped the smartplug for one which works, renamed the old one to "spare", and renamed the replacement to Cube.

Every time I ask Google to turn off the lights in this room I get the message "sorry cube is unavailable". It does however turn the lights on and off as requested.

How do I resolve this issue. I'm unable to delete the old faulty smart plug from Google Home. the only option I have it to unlink the account (Tapo). However, if I do this I'm pretty sure that this will also remove all the other Tapo smart plugs I have.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Did you remove the defective smart plug from the Tapo app? You'll need to do that first. Once removed, tap the Devices tab in the Google Home app and pull down to refresh. The defective plug should disappear from the Google Home app. Your new plug should now work with voice commands.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Did you remove the defective smart plug from the Tapo app? You'll need to do that first. Once removed, tap the Devices tab in the Google Home app and pull down to refresh. The defective plug should disappear from the Google Home app. Your new plug should now work with voice commands.

Si
Community Member

Absolutely perfect - thank you so much, it worked!