cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest / Home Compatibility and Connection

wrightjamesn
Community Member

We just bought two Battery Nest Protect Devices and while I understand that the protect devices cannot be added to the Home App I cannot even add nest as a connected service through the “Works with Google” function because I created my nest account using “Login with google” which isn’t an option when trying to connect the accounts. So how can I connect my nest account to my home account? Or do I not need to do this? I made a “test” home in the nest account and it did sync to my Home account too. So is this feature just there for different reasons?

Similarly though, is there any timeline for Nest Protect to sync to the Home app or the wireless Nest Doorbell to  connect to the Nest app? How did we manage to find two new products that are both under Google Nest that can’t be recognized by the same app? While other new products have to be added in one or the other app and will sync. Having two apps is cumbersome but somewhat understandable but having so many different ways various Nest products behave within the two app “solution” is incredibly frustrating.

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You can't and don't need to do what you described in the first paragraph. Nest Protect currently won't appear in the Google Home app, you need to use the Nest app to setup and manage it. Newer cameras and doorbells are setup and managed in the Google Home app, and can't be added to the Nest app.

More info:
Top Google Home App Questions for Nest App & Camera Users