cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not able to view camera records on laptop

NateQ
Community Member

Hi all,

I got a few new google camers recently and found that I could only get the live view and history records via Google home app, there is no way for me to do it via browser like it was before. ( I was told so by Google tech support).

Was wondering anyone has a walkaround?

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@NateQ 

You cannot view your new Google Nest Cameras (Battery) on the home.nest.com web page via a browser, or add them to the Google Nest app, as we discovered to our surprise when we bought a Google Nest Camera (Battery) in Sept. 2021.

Google Nest decided to have its new cameras and doorbells released starting in mid-2021 work ONLY in the Google Home app and NOT in the Google Nest app or on the home.nest.com web page, while our older cameras and doorbells continue to be administered, access history, and receive notifications ONLY in the Google Nest app (though they can be viewed in the Google Home app).

In Sept. 2021 Google Nest GM/VP posted this explanation of this 2-app approach. Except for numerous customer reactions, there has been no update since: https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/Message-from-our-GM-Updates-for-our-Nest-customers/ba-p/...

JPBark
Community Member

Very sad that Google is destroying the Nest brand.