cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unfathomable Google Home Battery Drain

Rychousfury
Community Member

I am getting unfathomable (yes unfathomable) battery drain from my Google Home app. Using Google Home app Public Preview (v 3.12.1.6). Running on Google Pixel 7a

Here are my battery usage stats over a 14 hour period from 100% charge while in standard battery saver mode:

- Google Home 52%, Screen Time 3 min, Background 8 hr 59 min

The next highest was:

- Messages 4%, Screen Time 15 min, Background 9 hr 29 min

What is going on here, Google Home??? 

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Rychousfury 

If you have the "Public Preview" version, I think there's an option in the app to send feedback.

This was happening in the Google Home app about a year and a half ago, where, if I viewed a camera in the Google Home app, and then just closed the app window, my iPhone would get hot and the battery would rapidly drain.  They apparently fixed that defect rather quickly, but maybe they've reintroduced it in the "Public Preview" version.  The workaround when it happened back then was to be sure the app was closed, and not just its window.

Thanks for the input! Of course this is Google,so the send feedback option is very limited but I've done what I can with it. 

This seems to happen even after closing the app. Battery saver even says it limits background activity, so this shouldn't even be an issue when in that mode. I've even tried changing the Google Home background usage to "restricted" with no results.