cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

cameras and thermostat connectivity issues

bricatbrarian
Community Member

The issues I am having span multiple products and are found in both the Nest and the Google Home app. I am going to summarize them here to see if there is anyone else having the same (or similar) issues.

• Upon waking this morning, none of my 6 cameras were connected to the internet. However, my 2 outdoor (newer) floodlight cameras were still sending me notifications of activity.
  • My (older) Nest thermostat still has connectivity to the internet when I go to the actual unit, but the app says it is not connected either.
  • ONE of my six Nest Protects was not connected to wifi as well, but that has since been resolved. 
  • I can still talk to my Nest Minis and get an answer from them (so they are obviously still connected to the internet).
  • All of my non-Google smart devices still have connection to the internet and are working fine. Google will still turn on and off lights that are connected to non-Google apps and smart outlets.

I have called my internet service provider and have rebooted my router (several times). I have been on the phone with a Google rep who was not able to successfully assist me with removing and then re-adding any of my cameras. I have tried removing my Nest Hub Max. When I add it back, I am successful, until I get to the part where I set up the camera on it.

5 REPLIES 5

Fogtownjohn
Community Member

Same thing this morning, June 1st with a Google Nest Cam and Spotlight and Nest Max Display on a Nest Wifi. Wonder if Google loads updates in the background. I'm also thinking something is off with the Nest App and Home App. Started fresh with everything and Nest still can not communicate with the Nest Cams. 

bricatbrarian
Community Member

I now have 2 Protects that don't have wifi connection.

JW4
Community Member

Same problems. Noticed it shortly before 2am Pacific Time. Anything with a Nest Cam, Thermostat, Doorbell, all down. Everything else works great as usual. Oh and the Nest app won't even load past account authentication. 

JW4
Community Member

And immediately after I posted everything is now back online. Thank you! 

Fogtownjohn
Community Member

I'm back up too!